• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

If France beat Ireland

S

stormmaster1

Do Ireland have much chance of getting through. If they get a losing bonus, they would be drawing on points with France (barring 4 tries for the frogs) but lose out to a superior try and points difference. With France only to play Georgia, there is little ground to be made for Ireland. If Argentina get a 5 point win over Namibia, they could be 5 points ahead of Ireland.

So for Ireland if they lose with no bonus, things will be looking very grey indeed.

Yep. Personally I think its win or bust. The weathers meant to be awful tomorrow so any slim chance of four tries are out the window.

A losing bonus point v's France, may give us a very very slim chance against Argentina, but we'd probably have to score four tries, and deny them a losing buns point.

Both of which simply wont happen.

Its all doom and gloon for us.

sure ... we can't loose where you still have a chance of beating arg. i would not put a â'¬ on ireland for the qualif after the match they've done against georgia ... but who knows ... if they get back to their real level then it will be hard for us and the arg ...

If we lost to France even without a bonus point we could still go through, although I would not be putting any money on it.

All the following scenarios assume that Argentina will have no problem picking up the bonus point against Nambia bringing them up to 14

If we lose to France with two bonus points, ie 4 tries and within 7 then we would just have to beat Argentina in the final game to progress. This would leave Ireland on 15 pts and Arg at 14 pts each and Ireland progressing. While this would give us a decent 50/50 chance of qualifying in a winner takes all game against Argentina, clearly this is a highly unlikely scenario for the France game.

If we lose to France collecting one bonus points, then we would have to beat Argentina and prevent them collecting either a 4 try bonus or a losing bonus point. This would be a hugely difficult task against Argentina but we would not be entirely without hope.

If we lose to france without collecting a bonus point, then we must beat Argentina and collect the 4 try bonus point while denying them any bonus points. Clearly this would not be far off mission impossible and an early trip home is very likely.

In all of these scenarios I believe France would be the group winners.

If we lost to France even without a bonus point we could still go through, although I would not be putting any money on it.

All the following scenarios assume that Argentina will have no problem picking up the bonus point against Nambia bringing them up to 14

If we lose to France with two bonus points, ie 4 tries and within 7 then we would just have to beat Argentina in the final game to progress. This would leave Ireland on 15 pts and Arg at 14 pts each and Ireland progressing. While this would give us a decent 50/50 chance of qualifying in a winner takes all game against Argentina, clearly this is a highly unlikely scenario for the France game.

If we lose to France collecting one bonus points, then we would have to beat Argentina and prevent them collecting either a 4 try bonus or a losing bonus point. This would be a hugely difficult task against Argentina but we would not be entirely without hope.

If we lose to france without collecting a bonus point, then we must beat Argentina and collect the 4 try bonus point while denying them any bonus points. Clearly this would not be far off mission impossible and an early trip home is very likely.

In all of these scenarios I believe France would be the group winners. [/b]

you forget something mate ... if as we say down here "they get their fingers out of their asses", and get back quickly (i hope after the match against us) to their real level, for example croke park against eng, then ireland could really put in trouble the argies (who are not so strong btw looking to their match against georgia).

come on ireland !!!

<div class='quotemain'>
...In all of these scenarios I believe France would be the group winners. [/b]

... then ireland could really put in trouble the argies (who are not so strong btw looking to their match against georgia).

come on ireland !!!
[/b][/quote]

Hey! let me remind you something: :ranting:
Arg-Geor: 33 - 3 (bonus point for Arg) :bleh!:
Ire-Geor: 14 - 10 (bonus point for ... Geor) :lol2tn:

Who was not so strong against Georgia???? :lol:

Stop dreamin guys. Fra will be 2nd and Arg 1st. This is a fact

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>
...In all of these scenarios I believe France would be the group winners. [/b]

... then ireland could really put in trouble the argies (who are not so strong btw looking to their match against georgia).

come on ireland !!!
[/b][/quote]

Hey! let me remind you something: :ranting:
Arg-Geor: 33 - 3 (bonus point for Arg) :bleh!:
Ire-Geor: 14 - 10 (bonus point for ... Geor) :lol2tn:

Who was not so strong against Georgia???? :lol:

Stop dreamin guys. Fra will be 2nd and Arg 1st. This is a fact [/b][/quote]

:) ...

hi,

Is Argentina will beat Ireland ? That not sure !

<_<

And IRELAND can win against FRANCE and ARGENTINA...

So Ireland can be the leader of the group...

:blink:

you forget something mate ... if as we say down here "they get their fingers out of their asses", and get back quickly (i hope after the match against us) to their real level, for example croke park against eng, then ireland could really put in trouble the argies (who are not so strong btw looking to their match against georgia).

come on ireland !!!
[/b]

As has already been stated the matches against Georgia CLEARLY benefit Argentina who were able to beat them scoring four tries to none (33 - 3) with only three days of resting and several squad changes after the opening victory over France. In the other hand Ireland were barely able to beat them two tries to one (14 - 10) and Georgia was the one that played with several squad changes after only three days of resting. Based on form shown until this point of thr RWC Argentina should top the group without too much trouble BUT I think that Ireland and France will both improve their perfomances so anything could happen ... maybe France is already out of the fight tomorrow or everything is decided in the last match of the group.

Let's just wait and see :cheers:

[/quote]

As has already been stated the matches against Georgia CLEARLY benefit Argentina who were able to beat them scoring four tries to none (33 - 3) with only three days of resting and several squad changes after the opening victory over France. In the other hand Ireland were barely able to beat them two tries to one (14 - 10) and Georgia was the one that played with several squad changes after only three days of resting. Based on form shown until this point of thr RWC Argentina should top the group without too much trouble BUT I think that Ireland and France will both improve their perfomances so anything could happen ... maybe France is already out of the fight tomorrow or everything is decided in the last match of the group.

Let's just wait and see :cheers:
[/quote]

Smart guy Idolo!
Politeness, the most important thing ;)

I really hate to say this but, I wouldn't get your hopes up France. Ireland are a good team, and France aren't really that good. Argentina could beat Ireland and they beat France, so Ireland can beat Argentina and France so..... I doubt France will survive.

I really hate to say this but, I wouldn't get your hopes up France. Ireland are a good team, and France aren't really that good. Argentina could beat Ireland and they beat France, so Ireland can beat Argentina and France so..... I doubt France will survive.
[/b]

are you high dude? ireland are a good team yes, but as of lately they wouldn't even beat wales. you call a 14-10 win over Georgia a good performance? France have a way better team on paper also, so you obviously are just another league fan trying to make sense of union.

[/b]

:lol2tn: :lol2tn: :lol2tn: Yes, that's why France have beaten Ireland in their last five matches ... with their current form Ireland can barely beat Georgia.

I'm gonna save my comments until after the game.....People are just setting themselves up for a massive slagging whatever comments they make!

I'm gonna save my comments until after the game.....People are just setting themselves up for a massive slagging whatever comments they make!
[/b]

As I've already said: let's just wait and see :cheers: I would like a draw :bana: :bana: :bana:

ha!..if the frogs lose..then that means more support for the allblacks going into the finals...which will be handy indeed