• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

If the best players played 7's...

DuncTheDoodles Wales team was pretty good above, but I wouldn't have Bradley Davies in there, too slow for sevens. So this would be mine:

Sam Warberton (good fetcher, with skill, pace and power)
Rob McCusker (Fast and skillfull forward)
Andy Powell (One thing he can do is run)
Wayne Evans (good quick scrum half)
James Hook (possibly the ultimate sevens playmaker)
Aled Brew (strong, quick back)
Shane Williams (always wanted to see him playing sevens)

As DuncTheDoodle said, Jamie Roberts could act as a forward in 7's, but I quite like the look of Warberton, McCusker and Powell. Wheather Powell has the intelligence or not is questionable, but he does offer something quite explosive. Mike Phillips is another who could slot into the forwards in 7's. Will Harries might also be a better option than Shane, as Shane could struggle with the pace of the game at his age, but Shane is still probably one of the best runners in the 15 man game, so I'm sure would do well.

You put props in your sevens teams?

I know it looks strange, but with the current form of most of the SA players I would add him to compensate that and to intimidate the others :)
Secondly I have no idea to put in the SA as they haven't been playing that good since June

I know it looks strange, but with the current form of most of the SA players I would add him to compensate that and to intimidate the others :)
Secondly I have no idea to put in the SA as they haven't been playing that good since June

Well, it won't intimidate the other team, it would give them a massive gap that they know they can attack. hehehe

I know, but it's hard to come up with a decent team after watching the results of SA.

I know, but it's hard to come up with a decent team after watching the results of SA.

Well, truth is, I'd rather stick with the guys already playing 7s, I mean, I don't think those really good at 15s can be really good at 7s too and vice versa..

there's a whole 1/4 of ireland which is north of the boarder y'know. Some of the people there even like jack instead of the tricolour.

T'is life, old bean.

what!!???!!!

Has anyone told the president? When the hell did this happen?

He's aware. He's just too busy pretending that governments have more power in the world then Oil companies to pay attention.

NZ

Dan Carter
Mils Muliana
Richie McCaw
Joe Rokococo
Ma'a Nonu
Luke McCalister
Kieran Read

SA

Bryan Habana
Jean De Villers
Francois Steyn