• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

If the best players played 7's...

Yeah halfcast I think...fairly new player to the team.

Is there a lot of chinese people in samoa? Have they mixed with the local population?

Sorry to bother you with all these questions btw..

Is there a lot of chinese people in samoa? Have they mixed with the local population?

Sorry to bother you with all these questions btw..

Nah its ok...with a lot of the other Pacific Islands you'll find halfcasts here and there. It started way back in the day Im not sure when I think it was during wars that soldiers Chinese, German, European and some Latino of some sort French, Spanish or Portugese set foot on our shores and went absolutely all the way with some Samoan ladies, right past 3rd base and back home so to speak lol and thats how we got so many halfcasts. Before that I think missionaries too were doing the same.

Yeah we do have quite a lot of half Chinese half Samoan a lot of them have Chinese surnames. The ones that I know are all talented at something whether it be academics, art or sport but none of them speak Chinese (none that I know of anyway) and yes they fit in really well, all the ones I know are just as Samoan as me lol.

Last edited:
Ive always wondered what would happen if a bunch of international props had a go at playing 7s ... yeah they would not handle pace in dfence but in attack they would tear a 7s team to bits and would be very very difficult to stop if they got momentum...the likes of the tongan for northaptons the atletic props i mean

Ive always wondered what would happen if a bunch of international props had a go at playing 7s ... yeah they would not handle pace in dfence but in attack they would tear a 7s team to bits and would be very very difficult to stop if they got momentum...the likes of the tongan for northaptons the atletic props i mean

Always thought Gethin Jenkins wouldnt do too badly in 7s. The guy is fast for a prop, both in attack and defence (I remember him chasing down Cory Jane in a game vs the All Blacks). His fitness levels are superb, I remember reading that in the Blues and Wales fitness tests he regulary has either the same level of fitness or better as most of the backrowers. Like you said Tonga'huia would be pretty good ntoo, the guy has got good pace when he stretches his legs and would be a ***** to tackle.

I read somewhere about a special 7's tournament with teams made of frontrowers and locks...Should be fun to watch.

Here'a good team.

Gethin Jenkins
Hika Elliott
Soane Tonga'huia

Mario Ledesma
Chabal

Radiki Samo
Schalk Brits

John Afoa actually has a bit of pace on him. I remember him chasing a kick and it was the fastest I've seen a prop run. I think it may have been on the 2008 EOYT.

sometimes the best 15's players aren't necessarily the best 7's players

Fiji:

Naqelevuki
Burotu
Tuwai
Daunivucu
Lutumailagi
Delasau
Nalaga

NZ:

DJ Forbes
Raikabula
Vito
Cama
Gear
Rokocoko
Savea

sometimes the best 15's players aren't necessarily the best 7's players

Fiji:

Naqelevuki
Burotu
Tuwai
Daunivucu
Lutumailagi
Delasau
Nalaga

NZ:

DJ Forbes
Raikabula
Vito
Cama
Gear
Rokocoko
Savea

Both good teams bunch of superstars. Yeah I'd have to agree about the best 15s players not necessarily being good at 7s also, 7s is more demanding.

Jerry Collins apparently was not a bad 7s player.

actually i forgot Carter, i'd probably put him in there

Latest posts