• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

i'm hooked

B

blwalt17

just got back from my first rugby practice and i'm hooked. :D

it was the most fun i have ever had playing a sport.

i look forward to playing my first game in september. i wish i could make it to more practices but work is kind of getting in the way.

just got back from my first rugby practice and i'm hooked. :D

it was the most fun i have ever had playing a sport.

i look forward to playing my first game in september. i wish i could make it to more practices but work is kind of getting in the way.
[/b]

Great to hear. What position are you playing mate?

Great to hear. What position are you playing mate?[/b]

i was playing left wing. but they said they would move me around a little to try and see where i fit in best.

<div class='quotemain'>Great to hear. What position are you playing mate?[/b]

i was playing left wing. but they said they would move me around a little to try and see where i fit in best.
[/b][/quote]
Tell them to give you a go at prop ;)

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>Great to hear. What position are you playing mate?[/b]

[/b][/quote]
Tell them to give you a go at prop ;)
[/b][/quote]

Agreed :cheers:

I also can't wait to start.
I hope I can play the entire season cause for work I've to go abroad a lot ( leaving on sunday afternoon) :(

i want to try flanker.

being the last line of defense is too much pressure for a new guy.

i want to try flanker.

being the last line of defense is too much pressure for a new guy.
[/b]
I highly recommend flank, you're in the thick of things all the time. All the fun is there. I also used to play wing before I got put at flank if that helps anything. If you can tackle, and can rough neck it in the ruck you should be ok. If you're tall you can be used as a lineout option, which is also great fun.

yeah i would like to try playing flanker.

i had alot of fun at practice last night. i can't wait to play again.

being the last line of defense is too much pressure for a new guy. [/b]
Atleast you weren't put as fullback for your first time playing.

I can't speak for forward postitions because Ive never played them, but if you like to go for a run occasionally but still get a lot of action I'd say give inside centre a try.

Well I would recommend playing wing for your first game before trying a forward position because it can be a bit un-nerving understanding those rucks and stuff.

Great that you enjoy the game....nothing brings out the adrenaline like Rugby does...unless you are involved in fighting sports.

Just jump in at fly half! :p

Where better to start then somewhere that the whole team is depending on you to guide them around the field! :) :) hehe

Latest posts