• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

In Need of some help Part 2

C

Canadian_Rugby_Guy

Allright. I have quite a few problems, during practices, I do fine but during a match, I tend to miss catches alot and I'm not running as fast as I should be able to. So what should I do? Also, anyone know anything for getting better tackling? And finally, what can I do to become a more effective right wing/outside centre/fullback overall?

Guys this is more a question of pre-match preperation.

I find it really hard to eat before a match even matches that are not very important. I mean I try eating things such as yoghurts that are easy to swallow but I feel sick immediately. I have now had to accept that all I can take are those muller yoghurt drinks and I can only have one or two before I feel sick and about to puke up.

Has anyone else faced this problem and how have you got over it?

Originally posted by SirBurger@Jan 17 2006, 10:26 PM

I find it really hard to eat before a match even matches that are not very important. I mean I try eating things such as yoghurts that are easy to swallow but I feel sick immediately. I have now had to accept that all I can take are those muller yoghurt drinks and I can only have one or two before I feel sick and about to puke up.

How lon before a match is this?

Right then, this is mainly a request from the welsh boys. Can you tell me what the Cardiff leagues are called? I want to join a team up here while im studyin

im not too sure to be honest - have you tries looking on the internet or checking the yellow pages.

Originally posted by el_tk+Jan 18 2006, 09:27 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (el_tk @ Jan 18 2006, 09:27 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-SirBurger
@Jan 17 2006, 10:26 PM

How lon before a match is this? [/b]
i wake up in the mornin with a match usually to kick off at 10.30 and to arrive at ground at 9.30.

I usually try eating about 8-8.30 and cannot do so.

no welsh people with ANY help? Just a really shitty league to start off with. Come on!

im looking for a new team also - so help me - what standard are you at symclaw?

i want to play in the worst standard possible to see where im at first. and for the comedy value.

its south wales. we were welsh champions one year. anywho are u from cardiff or do u know anyone who is as im only here for uni

Originally posted by Canadian_Rugby_Guy@Aug 1 2005, 03:43 AM
Alrighty now, besides the wilkinson place-kicking video on BBC website, does anyone have any internet videos that teach how to place-kick? I'm looking to perfect my technique, but I've only found the one mentioned above.
I dont know of any Kicking Videos , But ill give you tips from what I know.

Place the ball with the stitches facing straight at the Goal post, FOr some they like to face the stitches away if they find the ball travells more accurate that way.There is a sweet spot on the ball which is just above the bottom of the ball(Im sure JW explained that part)

Taken your 5 Steps back and 3 to the side(Take as many back and to the side as you want that's just an example,But remember when you take your steps to the side make sure you are at and angle so that when you have kicked the ball you finish with your chest facing straight towards the post) after you have taken your steps back make sure the ball in lined up to where you want it to be(wherever you find the ball travells accurately, Stitches facing the post or not etc) You dont want to be at an angle where once you have finished up your chest is facing outside the posts.

Take a look a at the ball , where you are going to hit it, maby before you took your steps you stabbed a part in the ground where you want your none kicking foot to land, look at that as well, Imagine yourself taking those steps towards the ball with perfect timing.

Now looking at the posts, looking up high and imagining the ball going that high can actually achieve the ball going higher then you thought, So look right down the middle of the posts as well as at the top of them too, imagining the ball going that high and straight.

Some kickers dont run straight on to the ball from there stance, because their chest may not line up with the middle of the goal posts, So maby take one step back and to the side again. however you feel comfortable running up go for it, Make sure you take bigger steps towards the end no with your non kicking foot planted and your kicking foot ready to swing your body should be like this / if you are a left footed kicker not straight up. Too many guys are scared of falling but with your body at an angle you will achieve better distance.

Use your midsection and arms to get better distance as well, by swinging everything at the right moment you will achieve better distance and accuracy. Follow through with your kicking leg and make sure when you finish your chest is lined up as well.

Wasnt he talking about place kicking?

Hopefully place kicking and goal kicking are different, if not i look like a m!nge.

Latest posts