Indy Grand Prix

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by Bullitt, Jun 19, 2005.

1. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

The new rules in formula 1 state that only one set of tires are allowed for bit qualifying and the race itself. which so far this season hasn't caused many headaches. However, this year at Indianapolis on turn 13 where the cars reach nearly 300kph (on the bank clockwise befor the start/finish) Michelin's tyres are unable to cope with the high stress loads.

As a result, 13 teams have pulled out, leaving Jordan, Minardi and Ferrari as the only racing teams.

What an absoloute farce.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

Just finished, Schumacher wins.

1. Schumacher - Ferrari
    2. Barrichello - Ferrari
    3. Monterio - Jordan
    4. Karthikeyan - Jordan
    5. Albers - Minardi
    6. Friesarcher - Minardi

DNS

7. Trulli - Toyota
    8. Reikkonen - McLaren

Martin Brundle made a quality bit of commentary;

"If Schumacher does a victory leap on the podium I'm personally going to punch him!"

4. jinxed_nz

jinxed_nz Guest

This is complete bull! I cant belive the FIA didnt do anything! F1 better step it up or it ant going anywhere! They are already starting to lose viewer numbers. I think the new rule system has done a lot to make things more exciting to watch but come on! This is the best and ritchest series in the world of racing and they cant even make decisions like this!

5. el_tk

el_tk Guest

It was completely ridiculous, I saw it replayed on Setanta. They could have just called the race after 2 laps or something, the result was so obvious. Pretty funny when the American fans got ******. Apparently loads of them showed up looking for refunds only to be given contact details for Michelin and the 7 teams.

6. Wally

Wally Guest

How is the Australian doing? I can't think of his name right now.

7. esoj

esoj Guest

mark webber pretty crap season so far from memory. and what a joke this was although it did give jordan and minadri proabbly their best finishes for the season and also their sponsors would have gotten good coverage.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!