• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Injuries

Big Ewis

Hall of Fame
Country Flag
France
Club or Nation
Toulon
A little bit like the 'Transfer' threads, let's make this an official way to keep up with injuries in World Rugby. Actually, sorry, in * world Rugby. I just mean Rugby around the wo...never mind..

Any news you'd like to post about a player being injured, how long, and the reason. Good archive to have, and we'd be more informed as to other nations' ailing situations we may be unaware of.

I'll start by saying Louis Picamoles. Had been injured around the hip area for a while during the last Top 14 playoffs and barely played in the tour to Australia. Was set to miss the first 1.5 months of the season, will be quite more as we now discover he'd contracted a lung virus, some sort of infection. A little treatment, and he's back breaking people on the field.
He would miss the November Tests and the first few Heinek..., sorry Rugby Champions Cup.
France would likely start Clermont captain Damien Chouly at no.8.

Matt Scott has an undergoing shoulder surgery. and wont be available until december :(

Leigh Halfpenny's still injured (adductor) and won't play against Paris on Saturday. Might see him the following week.

Mako Vunipola might be out pass the November internationals.

Great thread, Big E. +1. Will be very useful for fantasy rugby games in particular.

I can give a few from SA:

Frans Malherbe (TH prop, WP/Stormers)
Jaque Fourie (center, Panasonic?)
Fourie du Preez (scrumhalf, Santory)
Willem Alberts (flank, Sharks)
JP Pietersen (wing/center, Sharks)
Arno Botha (flank, Blue Bulls) - ACL injury; expected back 2015
Seabelo Senatla (wing, WP/Stormers)
Pieter-Steph du Toit (lock, Sharks) - ACL injury, expected back 2015
Franco van der Merwe (lock, Lions) - ankle
Flip van der Merwe (lock, Blue Bulls)
Pierre Spies (no.8, Blue Bulls) - torn bicep; expected back 2015
Dewald Potgieter (flank, Blue Bulls)

yeah, was a bit surprised this didn't exist before. Haven't seen Alberts in a while now; back for the November testies ?

yeah, was a bit surprised this didn't exist before. Haven't seen Alberts in a while now; back for the November testies ?

I don't know the particulars of Alberts' injury. TBH we are missing him in the ball carrying department. Hope he'll be back and rested for Novembre. Actually, Arno Botha I've felt was our best loose forward but he has been out for 2 years now. He is still young enough to make a sucessful comeback I hope. Many players just don't seem the same after a big injury lay-off ala Johan Goosen.

Help
I am a loose head prop and have got cartilage damage in my knee. Trying to get all information about what I can do to get back playing ASAP. Any advice really appreciated.

Uh, talk to your physio and if necessary ortho surgeon. Don't take a bunch of random advice of the internet bru. Knees are pricks, don't rush it.

help
i am a loose head prop and have got cartilage damage in my knee. Trying to get all information about what i can do to get back playing asap. Any advice really appreciated.

guaaaaards !!!!!! seize hiiiiiimmmmmmmmm-ahh !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, **** it, do take this advice. You're not going to get back any quicker by trying to rush things. Quite the opposite in fact. Remember, your knee is probably the joint in your body that your put under the most strain in sports, it needs to be in full working order if you're to play properly. Talk to your physio regularly, be diligent in your rehab and gym work, but don't try to get ahead of schedule without your physio's consent. Baby steps man. You want your knee to be good for the next 40+ years, don't endanger it for the sake of a couple of weeks or even months.

Nathan Hines out for 12 weeks with a torn bicep tendon - big blow, that. Looked excellent in the 60ish minutes he's played for us, and stole about 5 lineouts in that time too.

Bigger blow is Marc Jones has been sidelined for 3-4 weeks with a knee injury. So with him and Taylor out, we're left with 19yr old academy hooker Neild, and new comer Mamukashvili - not ideal at all!
Don't get me wrong, Neild has bags of talent, but should be eased in to the premiership!
Mamukashvili looks very promising, but similarly, he should be getting game time/premiership standard conditioning over the course of a few months, not be our starting hooker 6 days after stepping off the plane, as happened vs Glaws!

Nathan has age against him but a devote club player for whoever he plays for, has had a brilliannt career with Clermont now he looks like finishing it with Sale but when!!!!! What is he now 38!!! and still playing top flight rugby brilliant!!!!!!!! hope he gets back as quick as poss.

Siya Kolisi out for WP

Francois Louw
has been ruled out of the remainder of the Rugby Championship with a pinched nerve in his neck
http://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/RugbyChampionship/Louw-blow-for-Springboks-20140916

Ruan Pienaar
out for four to six weeks with a medial collateral ligament sprain
http://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/RugbyChampionship/Pienaar-out-for-4-6-weeks-20140917

Bryan Habana, Bakkies Botha and JMF Lobbe told by Boudjellal to return to Toulon or not get paid..
http://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/RugbyChampionship/Toulons-ultimatum-to-Bok-duo-20140917

Latest posts