• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Interesting Figures

Originally posted by Canadian_Rugby_Guy@Sep 5 2004, 12:45 AM
Who cares what any newscater's opinion is? they still give it.
Even if the first law of journalism is NOT to give your own opinion on anything, EVER unless you're asked to.

Originally posted by Wally@Sep 6 2004, 12:25 PM
There's a big difference between any ordinary news broadcaster giving his/her opinion and Fox News.
Agreed.

Originally posted by St_Helens_RLFC+Sep 6 2004, 12:36 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St_Helens_RLFC @ Sep 6 2004, 12:36 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Canadian_Rugby_Guy
@Sep 5 2004, 12:45 AM
Who cares what any newscater's opinion is? they still give it.
Even if the first law of journalism is NOT to give your own opinion on anything, EVER unless you're asked to. [/b]
Welll I don't know if you're agreeing or arguing with that point, but it is true. The news they choose to publish alone is affected by a journalist's opinion. It's very hard to remain impartial, and unfortunately some news casters take that part a little bit too far.

As a journalist, I know how hard it can be to remain impartial, but sadly it has to be done, unless of course you're working for an appropriate publication.

Here's what i think of the figures,
i think there a good rescource wigan but there a tad misleading.
i cant speak for the northern hemisphere but down here Rugby union and Rugby League are structured alot diffrentley.
Club rugby is behind Provicial rugby in terms of importance.
it maybe diffrent in the NH but down here it goes:
International (tests)
Regonal (super12)
Provincial (NPC)
Club
i think to compare Fully proffessional NRL clubs with Union Clubs who are run alot by volunteers is ludicris.
i think a better set of figures would be comparing the top 125 crowd averages from the top domestic comeptitions in each respective country.
im not going to attempt that but maybe someone with alot of time on there hands might want to.

Well I think that for France and England there's nothing in between Club and Test rugby. Most of the clubs are very old, for example the Stade Français the club which hold the French ***le was created in the 1880's. Historically the Rugby base is the clubs.

In the Celtic countries they have created provincial team to compete in the Celtic league and the HEC.

IN England and France there are provincial teams but they are amateur.

Latest posts