• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Interesting Figures

ripper you idiot, i am always right and i am the greatest, i predict that wally will say something random

I distictly remember 83 000 people turning up to watch Matt Burke sink the All Blacks at the Melbourne Cricket Ground in 1997.

You, are a bigger idiot.

Since then the Wallabies have played infront of 75,127, 60,235 and 90,119 at the famous MCG.

Originally posted by Ripper@Jul 10 2004, 01:17 PM
even the soccer crowds get more then the Bartercard cup teams.
Except the Kings
<

The SOO got a sell out last time it was played down there I think. And why compare S12 wally? Ok how about we throw the average crowd in for the SOO same principle as S12 and that would embarass ANYTHING that any Rugby club or rep game would even dream of.

OWNED!

Ah.. Why would you do that? If there were only three Super 12 games a year between the Tahs and Reds they'd sell out at Telstra Stadium too. If Super 12 is not provincial then what is it? As far as Australian rugby is concerned it's provicial.

Originally posted by Dragon Fanatic@Jul 10 2004, 10:48 PM
The SOO got a sell out last time it was played down there I think. And why compare S12 wally? Ok how about we throw the average crowd in for the SOO same principle as S12 and that would embarass ANYTHING that any Rugby club or rep game would even dream of.

OWNED!
how many soo games a year, 3 most would expect big crowds to turn up to something which happens not that often and in my opinion is way better than the league internationals.

Originally posted by All_Blacks_Hurricanes_Lions_Fan+Jul 10 2004, 05:56 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (All_Blacks_Hurricanes_Lions_Fan @ Jul 10 2004, 05:56 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Jul 10 2004, 01:17 PM
even the soccer crowds get more then the Bartercard cup teams.
Except the Kings
<
[/b]
The Kings still manage too get 5000 most games
<

Soon they'll be beating the Warriors.

No wonder the Warriors Owners want too have a Union Team instead

Originally posted by neh+Jul 10 2004, 11:43 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (neh @ Jul 10 2004, 11:43 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Dragon Fanatic
@Jul 10 2004, 10:48 PM

OWNED!
how many soo games a year, 3 most would expect big crowds to turn up to something which happens not that often and in my opinion is way better than the league internationals. [/b]
That's more or less what I just said.

Its not club but mate. Thats what this graph is. I'm saying that if you are going to add Super 12 the SOO has to be added as well. And there is ONE tahs V Reds game every year and they don't sell that out. So Wally once again:
OWNED!

Will you stop saying that, you don't own ****. There are another 10 Super 12 games a year is what I was trying to say. If there were only three between the Tahs and the Reds then yes they would sell out. The interstate game got about 44 000 this year which isn't bad considering it was the first time they've played at Suncorp.

Originally posted by Wally@Jul 10 2004, 05:18 PM
I distictly remember 83 000 people turning up to watch Matt Burke sink the All Blacks at the Melbourne Cricket Ground in 1997.
The MCG match in 1997 between the All Blacks and the Wallabies ended in victory for the All Blacks. Their only blemish that season was in their final game against England which ended in a draw.

Why was the NZ NPC season not included? Doesn't matter as it makes it look like we don't care about the All Blacks and that we are good at rugby by default and not by interest. Good stats indeed!!!
<

Originally posted by Gay-Guy+Jul 14 2004, 09:59 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Jul 14 2004, 09:59 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Wally
@Jul 10 2004, 05:18 PM
The MCG match in 1997 between the All Blacks and the Wallabies ended in victory for the All Blacks. Their only blemish that season was in their final game against England which ended in a draw.

Why was the NZ NPC season not included? Doesn't matter as it makes it look like we don't care about the All Blacks and that we are good at rugby by default and not by interest. Good stats indeed!!!
<
[/b]
It obviously wasn't 1997 then but Matt Burke scored about 24 points against the All Blacks at the MCG around that year.

ummm but how tough was he, played 5 minutes with a ruptured testical after getting kneed in the nuts. You should have seen him walk off though, he looked like he had been riding a horse for a year straight

Latest posts