• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

International Matches

A

An Tarbh

Another week of international action just passes, mainly qualifiers but plenty of friendlies

Round up of the results

World Cup qualifiers

17/11/2004
F.Y.R. Macedonia 0-2 Czech Republic
Cyprus 1-2 Israel
Armenia 1-1 Romania
Liechtenstein 1-3 Latvia
Russia 4-0 Estonia
Malta 0-2 Hungary
Luxembourg 0-5 Portugal
Belgium 0-2 Serbia and Montenegro
Andorra 0-3 Netherlands
San Marino 0-1 Lithuania
Turkey 0-3 Ukraine
Georgia 2-2 Denmark
Greece 3-1 Kazakhstan

Dissappointing that the Cypriots couldn't hold on and take 2 points from Israel and they missed a penalty, that's Ireland, France and Israel on 8 points, with the Swiss on 5 and a game in hand.

Selected Friendly results

Spain 1-0 England, disgusting rascist chants marring the game
Scotland 1-4 Sweden
Australia 2-2 Norway
Ireland 1-0 Croatia
France 0-0 Poland

The monkey chants were disgraceful from some of the fans in Madrid, the next time it happens, cause it probably will happen, they should walk off the pitch in protest.

We deserved to win against Norway. Cahill was awesome. What are the Norwegians ranked in the world?

Norway are 35th, Australia are 49th, you can't read much into the rankings at times, France are currently third but their only recent wins have been against Cyprus and the Faroes, losing to countries like Bosnia dropping points in home qualifiers against teams they're more than capable of beating. At the moment they're not the third best team in the world.

Vomit inducing display from England but that doesn't matter when you could hear the horrible monkey chants being aimed at our black players.

The best way to **** the Spanish people off is to make them play behind closed doors.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Nov 18 2004, 09:29 AM
Vomit inducing display from England but that doesn't matter when you could hear the horrible monkey chants being aimed at our black players.

The best way to **** the Spanish people off is to make them play behind closed doors.
I didn't watch the game but people in college were saying that if it was the England fans chanting we'd have been banned from international football.

Originally posted by wigan_rlfc+Nov 18 2004, 02:00 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (wigan_rlfc @ Nov 18 2004, 02:00 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-St Helens RLFC
@Nov 18 2004, 09:29 AM

I didn't watch the game but people in college were saying that if it was the England fans chanting we'd have been banned from international football. [/b]
Quite right we would have been, and we would DESERVE it!

The racist chanting in the England game was disgusting, can't be condoned, but the game itself was absolutely awful. I would have fallen asleep if Rooney hadn't added some interest by kicking people. Turned it off with 20 minutes to go because I just couldn't take it anymore.

Latest posts