• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Investec Champions Cup 23/24 - Rd 2

Jez that yellow feels really harsh. Such a tight call, felt the turnover was made legally
He had his hands in front of the ball first, not legal, Sarries conceded directly from the proceeding lineout when Maitland did the same in the first half, really can't grumble it's consistent and if something in that area is deemed illegal and preventing the try it has to be yellow.

What's the definition of upright, mine and the commentators differ massively, Itoje isn't as low as he could be but is clearly far lower than a natural position with a clear bend, it's not bloody Boolean, can't argue with the yellow just he wasn't clearly upright.

Stormers Vs La Rochelle the stadium looks empty.

I know the capacity is 50K plus, but surely there's no atmosphere.

Would be better to have a small stadium which is packed out IMO
Should have just played in Danie craven like they do for URC.

South Africa seems to have a huge gap between high school/club stadiums and the mega stadiums. They need to build some 20k ones for the normal pro teams.

Now this is the type of atmosphere you want in the European Cup.

Bordeaux is bouncing.

The wings for Bordeaux are a scary prospect

Anticipating the username change ;)
And a new avatar:
1702741744048.png

Penaud beat more defenders running that in from 5m than most teams do in a game

Aki is a class act, and certainly helped to make life hard for Sarries for the first 30-mins. Then the guys realised that they needed to actually go through the gears and it looked quite easy by the end.

Some proper weird decisions throughout the match.

Should have just played in Danie craven like they do for URC.

South Africa seems to have a huge gap between high school/club stadiums and the mega stadiums. They need to build some 20k ones for the normal pro teams.
We've only been playing at Danie Craven I think because they were giving more time to the grass to set after last seasons terrible pitch. We will likely play all remaining games at Cape Town Stadium since that's where we are the main lease partners and wouldn't pay for it if not going to use it. The stadium is really big at 55k, I've seen one source of attendance at 11.6k, which is a shame, I'd expect summer holidays to have the stadiums more full, but I guess all the travel picks up next week, so hopefully we have around 30k for the Bulls game. Sucks because Stormers used to average around 45k for the season back around 2008.

Massive result for us to get that win at home. Only taking the lead right at the end. I was hoping all the one point wins after the World Cup were behind me… but seems the Stormers wanna play that game too.

Of god it's this commentator again, see if he can get through the game without being a completely partisan prat.

Latest posts