Invictus Film-SA Rugby

Discussion in 'General Rugby Union' started by rugbyseed, Dec 21, 2009.

1. rugbyseed

rugbyseed Guest

Hi Rugby Fans

Have you heard about the new movie Invictus about the 1995 Rugby World Cup Final?

There has been a Facebook group set up where you can tag yourself in a pic of the final. Were you there? Re-live the memories of this monumental day.

Thanks

Rugby Fan Dan

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. stormer2010

stormer2010 Guest

Saw the movie. Good to relive the glory days but i can't see anyone other than a Springbok supporter really enjoying the movie. The rugby re-inactments are awfull but my mate who played gavin Johnson isn't complaining as he bagged a good deal of money for doing pretty much nadda.

4. I loved the movie, I found it inspiring, I recommend to all.

5. An Tarbh

An Tarbh Guest

not out here till February 5 but will probably go and see it, although the thoughts of Matt Damon are making me cringe already.

6. GJ#1

GJ#1 Guest

I've watched and must admit its a brilliant film. I reckon Freeman will definitely get an Oscar for his performance as Mandela!

7. RC

RC Guest

Yeah, there's already rumours going around of future oscar nominations.
    Can't do any harm for the game and its popularity in the US.

8. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Jan 31 2010, 05:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Or make every American forget about the Irish "heritage" and suddenly discover their Seth Effreken roots.

Seriously, jah, therl be saburbs en Las Angelees speaking like dis.

9. Brawler

Brawler Guest

seen the movie the other night and didn't think much of it. Matt Damon was alright but i couldn't get over Freemans Seth Afrikan accent. The Rugby scenes were pretty stupid, the best rugby scene in the whole movie were the Lomu trys, lol. and some of the extras looked pretty funny (the all blacks locks looked like sticks)

10. stormer2010

stormer2010 Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Jan 31 2010, 07:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Or make every American forget about the Irish "heritage" and suddenly discover their Seth Effreken roots.

Seriously, jah, therl be saburbs en Las Angelees speaking like dis.
    [/b][/quote]

I don't get it. ?

11. Boggle

Boggle Guest

Stormer, basically every American in the USA has some ridiculous way of believing they're Irish, relatives, ancestors, etc.
    They want to be Irish more than anything in the world, heaven only knows why though, the Irish are an OK bunch, but what the hell makes them so bloody cool other than drinking a lot ?

12. durbutter

durbutter Guest

Massive Penises.

And genial manner.

13. Boggle

Boggle Guest

Oh wait, you guys did give us the Delorean, that must count for something.

14. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

Don't forget the Titanic.

<strike>And Ronan O'Gara</strike> Oh, wait, he's American...

15. munster

munster Guest

Barrack Obamas grandmother...

16. Bullitt

Bullitt Guest

Pikeys. They gave us Pikeys.

17. munster

munster Guest

Pierce brosnan...

18. RC

RC Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMachine @ Feb 4 2010, 05:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Yeah, Bullitt already mentioned the pikeys...

19. feicarsinn

feicarsinn Guest

Stout, George Hook etc.

Hah the RTE panel just called Stephen Jones the world rugby pundit in the world.

20. Olyy

Olyy Guest

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Feb 6 2010, 02:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Well there's one good thing to come out of Ireland then :p

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!