• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Invictus Film-SA Rugby

R

rugbyseed

Hi Rugby Fans

Have you heard about the new movie Invictus about the 1995 Rugby World Cup Final?

There has been a Facebook group set up where you can tag yourself in a pic of the final. Were you there? Re-live the memories of this monumental day.

Thanks

Rugby Fan Dan

Saw the movie. Good to relive the glory days but i can't see anyone other than a Springbok supporter really enjoying the movie. The rugby re-inactments are awfull but my mate who played gavin Johnson isn't complaining as he bagged a good deal of money for doing pretty much nadda.

not out here till February 5 but will probably go and see it, although the thoughts of Matt Damon are making me cringe already.

I've watched and must admit its a brilliant film. I reckon Freeman will definitely get an Oscar for his performance as Mandela!

Yeah, there's already rumours going around of future oscar nominations.
Can't do any harm for the game and its popularity in the US.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Jan 31 2010, 05:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Can't do any harm for the game and its popularity in the US.[/b]

Or make every American forget about the Irish "heritage" and suddenly discover their Seth Effreken roots.

Seriously, jah, therl be saburbs en Las Angelees speaking like dis.

seen the movie the other night and didn't think much of it. Matt Damon was alright but i couldn't get over Freemans Seth Afrikan accent. The Rugby scenes were pretty stupid, the best rugby scene in the whole movie were the Lomu trys, lol. and some of the extras looked pretty funny (the all blacks locks looked like sticks)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Jan 31 2010, 07:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RC @ Jan 31 2010, 05:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can't do any harm for the game and its popularity in the US.[/b]

Or make every American forget about the Irish "heritage" and suddenly discover their Seth Effreken roots.

Seriously, jah, therl be saburbs en Las Angelees speaking like dis.
[/b][/quote]

I don't get it. ?

Stormer, basically every American in the USA has some ridiculous way of believing they're Irish, relatives, ancestors, etc.
They want to be Irish more than anything in the world, heaven only knows why though, the Irish are an OK bunch, but what the hell makes them so bloody cool other than drinking a lot ?

Don't forget the ***anic.

<strike>And Ronan O'Gara</strike> Oh, wait, he's American...

Stout, George Hook etc.

Hah the RTE panel just called Stephen Jones the world rugby pundit in the world.

Latest posts