• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

IRB Player of the Year nominees revealed

Farcical. Duane should have won. He single-handedly defeated the ABs.

Brodie looks good cause the ABs play against rubbish teams.

As for Coach... Schmidt should have won... His team is actually going UP... Would like to see how hansen would do with a injury ravaged Ireland...

IRB awards are a joke.

Farcical. Duane should have won. He single-handedly defeated the ABs.

Brodie looks good cause the ABs play against rubbish teams.

As for Coach... Schmidt should have won... His team is actually going UP... Would like to see how hansen would do with a injury ravaged Ireland...

lol is all I can say.

Kovana...you mean to say you don't think the All Blacks deserves an award? I'm shocked..

Kovana...you mean to say you don't think the All Blacks deserves an award? I'm shocked..

Team of the year to NZ... well.. no other team is any good. Every other team apart from nz and Ireland plays utter dross.

Heck even PSA could take this nz team and win the WC.

However coach of the year should go to Joe Schmidt. Taking a pretty average/injury ravaged team and guiding to 3rd place and still look like going on an upward trajectory.. Awesome.

Duane had to play AGAINST the ABs.

Brodie played against.... well other crap teams.

It may be the three day hangover talking but i have to say i kind of agree with Kovana on this one. I think Schmidt has been the most impactful and stand out coach of the year, although it's hard to analyse as a mere punter with little to absolute nada inside knowledge of how one coaches an international rugby team. Schmidt though, just seems the outstanding candidate, even if Hanson is the obvious one.

NZ deserve all other awards though, and it's obviously not a travesty that Hanson won too.

Heck even PSA could take this nz team and win the WC.

However coach of the year should go to Joe Schmidt. Taking a pretty average/injury ravaged team and guiding to 3rd place and still look like going on an upward trajectory.. Awesome.

Duane had to play AGAINST the ABs.

Brodie played against.... well other crap teams.

shell-shocked_thumb%25255B1%25255D.jpg

I appreciate your input on this thread, but let's not go bananas here !! Potassium is good for you, but this is just an overdose and it would be sad to die from bananas. You *do not joke* around with PSA kovana, even to make a point like that (which I totally understand). You do not underestimate the dark arts of PSA and Lagisquet and co., they have the ability to instill chaos into the most noble of hearts, panic into the strongest minds and plunge a high-potential high profile (but not high potassium) team into the nether regions only few have dared venture into.

Dusautoir and Fofana amongst others have been over and back, and could not even describe what they'd been through, what they've seen...some even say... they'd all died and come back from the dead to pursue their lives, holding on pitifully to existence, not knowing what had really happened to them.......

Sad Vermeulen didn't crack the nod but I can't complain that Retallick isn't deserving. Also, even if while I were putting together a team I'd go for Schmidt over Hansen one can't deny the results under Hansen and the quality of the players at his disposal will be a factor of course. I mean, who isn't too say the best rugby union coach in the world isn't the guy working here in my yard if given the chance and personel? You have to set a limit somewhere and the criteria used is the best value for effort so I guess what I am saying is, congratulations to all the winners.

Adding to those who don't get Hansen winning this.

It's not like you can argue that he deserves it because of the results that NZ are getting. Otherwise, the top coach award would be redundant as it would automatically go to the coach of the top team.

Although NZ are still the best team in the world, he has taken them slightly backwards in the last year. Can you really reward a lack of progress? Contrast to Schmidt, who has taken Ireland waaaaaaay beyond where they were last year

Congratulations to all the winners, I certainly think everyone who won was deserving even if not all of them would have been my personal choices.

I'm surprised Daniel Hourcade hasn't gotten more love for Coach of the Year though. I've seen a big improvement in Argentina's preparation and form since he took over at the end of 2013.

Vermeulen seems like the nicest guy ever..

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts