• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

iRB reveal new ELV ball!

You should organise your seasons better, simple as that. ;) [/b]

The season is organised well, explain how we'd make money out of a season that lasted just 11 weeks (including the cup competition). The likes of Nigel Wray and Keith Barwell need to justify their investment somehow you know.

This is the reality of professional sport. It needs money to survive and usually, how the season is structured gets dictated by the need to make it financially solvent.

Me too I kinda like the new laws. I watched Top 14 yesterday and the breakdowns were ****. Also liking the new law of collapsing the maul.
[/b]
Yeah, so are third division Scottish props who will end up with broken necks, I heard...
<_< :wall:

<div class='quotemain'>
Me too I kinda like the new laws. I watched Top 14 yesterday and the breakdowns were ****. Also liking the new law of collapsing the maul.
[/b]
Yeah, so are third division Scottish props who will end up with broken necks, I heard...
[/b][/quote]

The reality is, mauls will no longer be formed in the first place, what would be the point? Therefore pulling down the maul = end of mauls. No complaints here, I have always hated the stupid things!

As opposed to dragging out a competition over 13 weeks to establish that 4 out of Crusaders, Blues, Bulls, Sharks and Waratahs will be playing for the Super 14 crown, a fact which everyone knew 4 weeks in.
[/b]
Quite on the contary Mite, the S14 was extremely close this year! So close that it baffled you it seems.
The Crusaders, Hurricanes, Sharks and Waratahs were the final 4, the Bulls were never in it. Quite ironic that you were saying the SH posters don't pay attention to NH rugby.

How is that Ironic? Because you prooved me wrong on a fact about NH rugby???

I've never claimed to be a Super 14 statto, I just watch it because it's rugby on telly.

...So, why pass an incorrect and slightly negative opinion on it?
Doesn't add up.

Well, maybe you SH guys now know how you sound when spouting ******** about the NH.

Ok? So you throw all the SH guys in one bias group, and spout with the flow.
Nice.
Doesn't answer my question though.

Well, maybe you SH guys now know how you sound when spouting ******** about the NH.[/b]
I think that you'd find much of us 'SH guys' speak about the ELV's in regards to the differing in the games that OUR teams have played and offer it as a gift to you 'Northies' so that perhaps you can see the transformation that we have seen in our game in your own. Stop being so defensive about it and take the damn olive branch.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
[/b][/quote]

The reality is, mauls will no longer be formed in the first place, what would be the point? Therefore pulling down the maul = end of mauls. No complaints here, I have always hated the stupid things!
[/b][/quote]

I hope for you that the Celtic Crusaders will receive one of the two invitations to join the Super League...

<div class='quotemain'>
Well, maybe you SH guys now know how you sound when spouting ******** about the NH.[/b]
I think that you'd find much of us 'SH guys' speak about the ELV's in regards to the differing in the games that OUR teams have played and offer it as a gift to you 'Northies' so that perhaps you can see the transformation that we have seen in our game in your own. Stop being so defensive about it and take the damn olive branch. [/b][/quote]

it would be ironic if england started to totally dominate under the ELV's.... i'm sure that would change the tune of some people... although it all depends on england's dominance of rugby under the ELV's :p

it would be ironic if england started to totally dominate under the ELV's.... i'm sure that would change the tune of some people... although it all depends on england's dominance of rugby under the ELV's :p
[/b]
If every England fan watched the Reds v the Force from this years Super 14 they would see how much they could benefit, but alas, they choose not to.

England play a traditionally forwards based game. Under the ELVs, thanks to the "awesome" laws such as legal pulling down of mauls, the reduction in lineouts and the <strike>steps towards uncontested</strike> reduction in the importance of scrums, where would England benifit?

Well, we could always send Wellens, Gardner, Gleeson, Senior, Fox, Pryce, Burrow, Morley, Roby, Peacock, Ellis, Burgess, Sinfield, Graham, Fa'asavalu, Wilkin & McGuire down under on the next tour. They'd adapt to the ELVs happily.

England play a traditionally forwards based game. Under the ELVs, thanks to the "awesome" laws such as legal pulling down of mauls, the reduction in lineouts and the <strike>steps towards uncontested</strike> reduction in the importance of scrums, where would England benifit?[/b]
Sorry Mite, you're dead wrong, the collapsing of mauls was something that the SH nations did not want but the NH nations folded and brought into place, I'm officially washing my hands of it, it's your problem. As for the less importance of scrums, you have basically shown you are letting your preconcieved notions get the better of you without relating them to the facts. Scrums occur MORE than without the ELV's and will this is with nations not centred around scrummaging, imagine when the scrummaging nations get a hold of them. The scrum point is a null point as it is directly refuted by evidence, although I have said it dozens of times so I suspect that letting facts get into the way of opinions is not the way to do things in relation to the ELV's.

Scrums are only becoming common place now because of the increased handling errors - the penalties on the opposition 5 have now become free kicks remember so no choices. Once the S14 guys realize that if they keep chucking it about aimlessly the rule of averages means there will be a knock on, they'll begin to to play intelligently and you'll see them gradually phase their way out of the game to only play a very minor role.

Considering the scrum is THE defining iconic symbol of rugby union, that's a path I for one don't want to see trodden.

I have 2 words to respond to that.

Matt. Dunning. [/b]

Call me up the next time an All Black wing get's chased down by a flanker or a lock.

Originally posted by The Mite
Scrums are only becoming common place now because of the increased handling errors - the penalties on the opposition 5 have now become free kicks remember so no choices. Once the S14 guys realize that if they keep chucking it about aimlessly the rule of averages means there will be a knock on, they'll begin to to play intelligently and you'll see them gradually phase their way out of the game to only play a very minor role.

Considering the scrum is THE defining iconic symbol of rugby union, that's a path I for one don't want to see trodden.

That's probably the biggest load of **** i've read on this forum since... you tried to argue we poached Jonah Lomu.

<div class='quotemain'> I have 2 words to respond to that.

Matt. Dunning. [/b]

Call me up the next time an All Black wing get's chased down by a flanker or a lock.
[/b][/quote]

Wait..are you agreeing with Mite..or..?

Because he was arguing that the prospect of a flanker or a lock chasing down a wing in the SH thanks to the ELVs was pretty much rubbish and was using fat man Dunning as an example.

lol... doubt it, read the corrosponding post again.

And he and the rest of you have spent the last 6 months saying that the ELV's will turn Rugby into a game played by people who are all 6 foot 2 players who all run 100m in 10.8 seconds.

No, I read his post and he was replying to BLR saying that "ELV's endorse fitness, so we are, on the whole, much better conditioned then the NH teams..."

Mite then pointed out the very large, five ton elephant that is Matt Dunning, thus indicating that BLR was actually wrong on that count.

You then quoted that and appeared to agree with him, saying that you'd like to be phoned when a flanker or another forward catches an All Black Winger, something that (unless Tom Croft gets on the case) isn't going to happen.

Thus, you were agreeing with him, hence the confusion.

I haven't actually said anything on this thread about conditioning and the ELVs so you can't really say anything about me.

No, I read his post and he was replying to BLR saying that "ELV's endorse fitness, so we are, on the whole, much better conditioned then the NH teams..."

Mite then pointed out the very large, five ton elephant that is Matt Dunning, thus indicating that BLR was actually wrong on that count.[/b]
Not really, look at Rodney Blake, he was decent enough before the rule changes but since the ELV's have come into place he has shown to be tremendously unfit. Dunning may be a huge fat bloke but he is relatively fit for a prop, despite the fact he can't scrummage what-so-ever.

Latest posts