Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ireland

• France

• Total voters
E

eoino

A poll leading of the other topic I sarted on the RWC, who do you think will win? If your team is not up there, just say and It will be taken into concideration. I personaly think any of the first 5 could win it.

You voted for Ireland, you cheeky little ....

Can't see an NH team doing it - too inconsistent.

Aus - too little time to build a pack.

ABs - refuse to believe counter-attack will beat everyone + midfield weakness.

SA - have pack, will travel + DGs + flying three-quarters: so they're my pick.

I'm gonna be predictable and go for the All Blacks, no point in tipping anyone else.

I mean look at the other teams, you've got the jeckyll and hyde French, capable of beating anyone on their day yet next time out they'll take a thumping.

Ireland, look the most likely NH challenger but a paper thin squad will cost us at the world cup and doubts remaining over scrum will be severly tested by France and Argentina.

Australia, weak up front, still have the capabilities to inflict some damage with their backline but the weakness up front will always be there.

South Africa, certainly capable of posing a challenge but equally as likely to finish behind England in their group.

England, probably will win their group and see of the Welsh in the quarter final but I don't think they have enough to see off France or Ireland in the semis unless Ashton can get some more creativity into the back play.

I think Wales have excellent spirit, and were unlucky in most of their games. There not a bad team realy to be honest, but wont win the world cup.

SA should give England a good grinding in the group game. But will Habana and Steyn combine? That's their key in attack.

You voted for Ireland, you cheeky little ....

Can't see an NH team doing it - too inconsistent.

Aus - too little time to build a pack.

ABs - refuse to believe counter-attack will beat everyone + midfield weakness.

SA - have pack, will travel + DGs + flying three-quarters: so they're my pick.
[/b]

Whos is the cheeky one here?

south africa travels well?
ABs???????

mate have you watched any rugby in the last 10 years?

the only two teams that have a chance of winning the world cup are france on one side and the all blacks on the other side. if ireland even have a chance of winning they will have it against france in pool play cos playing france, argentina and then the all blacks in the Qfinals in 2 weeks will be too much for them cos like most NH teams at the moment, they have no depth to compete at a high level.

ashman

ABs???????

the only two teams that have a chance of winning the world cup are france on one side and the all blacks on the other side. if ireland even have a chance of winning they will have it against france in pool play cos playing france, argentina and then the all blacks in the Qfinals in 2 weeks will be too much for them cos like most NH teams at the moment, they have no depth to compete at a high level.

ashman [/b]

What an idiotic statement!

P.S...please don't say im a hypocrite beacuse my previous statement was a joke, hence the poking out of the tongue by the emoticon.

[/b]
Nah, I've been growing world-record length toenails.

So, tell me. Have the ABs been winning everything while I was away? That must look great - three world cups in the trophy cabinet. What an awesome side! And I bet nobody beat them in the Tri-Nations last year, or made them look ordinary?

SA weren't up to much in November, but they're going to give the ABs a kick in the hole in a few months time.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

.....And I bet nobody beat them in the Tri-Nations last year, or made them look ordinary?

SA weren't up to much in November, but they're going to give the ABs a kick in the hole in a few months time.
[/b][/quote]

mate the only game the ABs lost last year was the last game of the tri-nation against SA and that was by a point or two and it wasnt the SAfricans that made us look ordinary. It was the ABs themselves that made them look ordinary, no not ordinary, awful but you would know that if you watched it. (oh how did SA go in the rest of the games in the Tnations?!)
so that is 1 lost from 14 games.
SA won 5 games last year and 2 of them were against scotland.

that sounds like a side that is right on track to win a world cup.

and lets say they win their group, then they will have to play france in the semi finals and what are the chances of that happening in france when they cant even beat them as home.
but if they loose their group and then they have to play against australia or whales and then most likely the ABs.
and at the moment they dont have a great record against either of those teams away from home.

so you do the math.

doesnt look good for south african making it past the quarter finals.

ashman

<div class='quotemain'>

ABs???????
:unsure:

ashman [/b]

What an idiotic statement!

P.S...please don't say im a hypocrite beacuse my previous statement was a joke, hence the poking out of the tongue by the emoticon.
[/b][/quote] :unsure:

yes yes idiotic of me. maybe you are right there. i shouldnt have said 'only have a chance'

maybe i should have said something like, going on form,strenght and the draw that these two teams have the highest chance.

but what i really think is that the ABs are going to win it anyway so i dont care about the others.

ashman

PS i wasnt saying you were a hypocrite anyway.

Well lets just point out that Ireland in their last two encounters nearly beat the ABs.. a lucky try and a few penelties dosnt mean your the best team in the world, France beat Ireland by 4 points.. so theres nothing really seperating these 3 sides, they are all at their highest peak at the moment. One thing iv noticed, when Ireland France or NZ play, they play full on 80min, anu other team seem to lose stamina at about 60-70 min, thats a major factor to concider. All in all, its going to be . . . "epic"

Well lets just point out that Ireland in their last two encounters nearly beat the ABs.. a lucky try and a few penelties dosnt mean your the best team in the world,
[/b]

why only go back 2 games? why not 3? Ireland 7 - 45 New Zealand at Lansdowne Road.

a lucky try and few penelties to whom? it goes both ways! its just how you look at it.

the fact is that the ABs are the hot favourites and the only thing stopping them from taking this years world cup is themselves.

but you are right. it will be an epic and i and i am sure most nzders would rather see ireland do better than france.

<div class='quotemain'>
Well lets just point out that Ireland in their last two encounters nearly beat the ABs.. a lucky try and a few penelties dosnt mean your the best team in the world,
[/b]

why only go back 2 games? why not 3? Ireland 7 - 45 New Zealand at Lansdowne Road.

[/b][/quote]

Hold the boat there, why go back 3 games? that to me sounds silly.. thats years back, im talking about last summer, sure the last two games NZ played well against a side well capible of beating them, the time they beat Ireland before them two games, they were in a major devoping stage, besides, in reality, you are only as good as your last game. I do hope NZ win the world cup though, I think they deserve it, but the fans are way to cocky, their worse than the English lol!

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
Nah, I've been growing world-record length toenails.

So, tell me. Have the ABs been winning everything while I was away? That must look great - three world cups in the trophy cabinet. What an awesome side! And I bet nobody beat them in the Tri-Nations last year, or made them look ordinary?

[/b][/quote]
Shtove sure knows his Rugby, I mean, he was predicting a French rout against the AB's last year, and look how that turned out - boy is my face red.

Originally posted by The Stoned Leprechaun
SA should give England a good grinding in the group game. But will Habana and Steyn combine? That's their key in attack.
You do know there is a difference between the EA Sports Rugby World and the Real Life Rugby World?