Votes: 0 0.0%
  • South Africa

• Ireland

• France

• Total voters
dont forget the last time ireland almost beat the all blacks half of the all blacks were off chilling in argentina, so i really doubt that if they do meet in the world cup they will be without players like collins and carter

i have seen the wc draw. if the allblacks and australia win all their games then they will most likely meet in the semis which im sure they will. i see this as the most crucial game of the tournament for the all blacks. surely all blacks have the wood on australia at the moment but the wallabies do know how to upset new zealand in rugby.

im not too confident that the all blacks will beat the aussies. the ABs can surely give them a hiding, but all the pressure will be on the ABs not the wallabies. if ABs can win the semi, then i will be pretty confident that they can take out the RWC

Shtove sure knows his Rugby, I mean, he was predicting a French rout against the AB's last year, and look how that turned out - boy is my face red.
[/b]
You should have that checked out. Seriously. You might have a heart attack when the ABs crash out in the semis. Trust me - I'm a doctor: PhD in rugby balls.

i have seen the wc draw. if the allblacks and australia win all their games then they will most likely meet in the semis which im sure they will. i see this as the most crucial game of the tournament for the all blacks. surely all blacks have the wood on australia at the moment but the wallabies do know how to upset new zealand in rugby.

im not too confident that the all blacks will beat the aussies. the ABs can surely give them a hiding, but all the pressure will be on the ABs not the wallabies. if ABs can win the semi, then i will be pretty confident that they can take out the RWC
[/b]

right on the money but lets hope that this AB team has learned from the past and it sure looks like it.

ashman

Lucky for NZ, there biggest threat are weak when away from home. We all know how badly the Sth. Africans travel, that would give the All Blacks the edge.

France and Australia are still major threats..

I don't see Ireland as a threat, sure they were close in NZ, but NZ were only at 50%.. and the All Blacks still won..

I'm going with the All Blacks to win, but I won't be surprised if the Australians or the French topple them

Lucky for NZ, there biggest threat are weak when away from home. We all know how badly the Sth. Africans travel, that would give the All Blacks the edge.

I don't see Ireland as a threat, sure they were close in NZ, but NZ were only at 50%.. and the All Blacks still won..

I'm going with the All Blacks to win, but I won't be surprised if the Australians or the French topple them [/b]

Top stuff! Totally agree!

I'm going with the All Blacks to win, but I won't be surprised if the Australians or the French topple them
[/b]

I watched that match, NZ wernt at 50% lol, more like 80, Ireland dint look like they really wanted the win, they didnt play well. It is true, NZ fans are unbelievably cocky, just like the players are, every WC they are supose to win and end up getting knocked out. You play your team up to be bigger than they actualy are... not a good plan lol. :wacko: :bravo:

Can't wait 'til the World Cup!!! There is going to be verbal barrages aplenty! What with members and their predictions, and their undeniable loyalty to their country, there's going to be hell to pay!

In Ireland's closest match, they lost 27-17.
You guys lose by 10 points, and you think you could've beaten us. You wouldn't even get a bonus point if you were in the tri-nations.

Looking at the team, and remembering who the 1st XV was at the time..

D. Howlett, C. Laulala, J. Rokocoko, L. McAlister, T. Flavell, J. Kaino, and C. Dermody were the 2nd stringers.. 7/15. So in terms of the strength of our team, 8/15 is as close as you can get to 50% strength.

Keep in mind, at the time, Gear and Sivivatu were the form wingers. And even if you did add Rokocoko as in your 1st XV, that would still make 9/15 starters in the 1st XV. Thats 60%

And as for the players on the bench, Ma'a Nonu and Andrew Hore would've been the only 2 that have a chance of cracking the top 22. C. Newby, N. Tialata, D. Hill, J. Cowan, and G. Rawlinson would have trouble making the World Cup Squad, let alone the top 22.

2/7 thats about 30%

It's just the facts. Ireland have never beaten the All Blacks, so thats an added psychological advantage to the All Blacks, as well as our depth.

I'm just wondering where you got your 80% from?

In Ireland's closest match, they lost 27-17.
You guys lose by 10 points, and you think you could've beaten us. You wouldn't even get a bonus point if you were in the tri-nations.

Looking at the team, and remembering who the 1st XV was at the time..

D. Howlett, C. Laulala, J. Rokocoko, L. McAlister, T. Flavell, J. Kaino, and C. Dermody were the 2nd stringers.. 7/15. So in terms of the strength of our team, 8/15 is as close as you can get to 50% strength.

Keep in mind, at the time, Gear and Sivivatu were the form wingers. And even if you did add Rokocoko as in your 1st XV, that would still make 9/15 starters in the 1st XV. Thats 60%

And as for the players on the bench, Ma'a Nonu and Andrew Hore would've been the only 2 that have a chance of cracking the top 22. C. Newby, N. Tialata, D. Hill, J. Cowan, and G. Rawlinson would have trouble making the World Cup Squad, let alone the top 22.

2/7 thats about 30%

It's just the facts. Ireland have never beaten the All Blacks, so thats an added psychological advantage to the All Blacks, as well as our depth.

I'm just wondering where you got your 80% from?
[/b]

Watch the match and then you'll see. 10 points isnt much, you got a soft try at the start of the game, and no Ireland have never beaten you, but Munster have. its not impossible. And i hope your knocked out of the wc your countries rugby fans are unbelievably cocky i would rather see England retain their ***le than NZ win it.

If you seriously believe Ireland are a. Better then NZ or b. Capable of beating NZ... Well, you're an idiot.

If you seriously believe Ireland are a. Better then NZ or b. Capable of beating NZ... Well, you're an idiot. [/b]

I think they are capable of doing it, or could possibly knock them off. Just look at Wales at the last RWC, and a couple of previous meetings. In the last 4 years, Wales have come very close to beating them.

All the same, although I said Ireland could possibly do it, I'm adamant they won't at the RWC. Only Australia will do that :D

I did watch the match. It was a tight match, and the All Blacks pulled through when they need to. In the end, the All Blacks won it with a comfortable margin. And even so, the All Blacks like I said before, were at 50%. Every New Zealander watches the All Blacks games.

It's not impossible for Ireland to beat the All Blacks, but its highly unlikely.

Sure NZ fans are cocky. But you can't say that other countries don't have fans that are cocky.

We don't play our team to be bigger than we actually are. Most NZers didn't really like the idea of not having the top 22 on the field representing the All Blacks. Most were annoyed that people like C. Newby and D. Hill etc.. got to wear the All Black jersey against Ireland when they didn't deserve it. Us playing a weaker team was done to build depth. And it has worked.

We could field 2 completely different teams, and still win matches against NH teams. Not arrogance, but depth. Something Ireland clearly lack.

As for the Australians, their scrum has been **** for years. But Larkham/Giteau/Mortlock will always cause problems for the opposition. They're a very smart team, and will hustle out most teams.

1) New Zealand could field two different teams and win against weaker opposition, Ireland is not weaker opposition and are a NH team, the same goes by France. If by weaker you mean on paper, then fine. But on the pitch when both teams line up... it really is a different story. NZ had to come behind to beat Ireland in the first test.
2) NZ fans are extreamly cocky, always have been for years. Thats a fact. 3) Its not highly unlikely that Ireland can beat the all Blacks, its not like the players go out playing a team like Ireland and know their going to leave with a win. They have to work, Ireland will punish every mistake a team makes.
4) final point. New Zealand are the best team in the world, ofcorse. Thats a well known fact. But what goes up, must eventualy come down. You will be beaten in this WC, the ABs are going to be under a mass amount of pressure. And from WC gone by.. they dont seem to handle that pressure very well.

Im sure your a loyal fan and want your team to do well, but its not highly unlikely that Ireland can beat them, at all.

1) I don't mean to be cocky, but I really do believe that NZ could field 2 teams, and be very competitive against Ireland, and most probably win both. So what if NZ came from behind to win? In the end it was a comfortable lead. A few years ago, I wouldn't be able to say that.

2) Well, usually when people win something, they like to brag. ie. Australia, Sth. Africa, and England. They're also a cocky bunch. That's a fact.

3) If the All Blacks play an average game, they should win it tight against Ireland. The All Blacks would have to play pretty poorly to lose imo. Ireland is pretty much carried by O'Driscoll and POC. Ireland have come close in the past, but to me it seems as though they have a mental barrier to overcome.

4) I'm not saying we won't be beaten at the RWC 07. The All Blacks are bound to have an off game here and there. I'm just saying we won't be beaten by Ireland.

Their not carried by BOD and POC, but they are some of our greatest tallent, NZ would snap them up if they had a chance. But I think over this side of the world, we dont see NZ as impossible to beat, infact come WC if they play Ireland, and if Ireland play on their top form, it would be very hard to call, both teams playing their 100% best, it could go eather way!

<div class='quotemain'> If you seriously believe Ireland are a. Better then NZ or b. Capable of beating NZ... Well, you're an idiot. [/b]

I think they are capable of doing it, or could possibly knock them off. Just look at Wales at the last RWC, and a couple of previous meetings. In the last 4 years, Wales have come very close to beating them.

All the same, although I said Ireland could possibly do it, I'm adamant they won't at the RWC. Only Australia will do that :D
[/b][/quote]

Obviously

25-Nov-2006
Won - 45 - 10
Millennium Stadium
Cardiff

05-Nov-2005
Won - 41 - 3
Millennium Stadium
Cardiff

20-Nov-2004
Won - 26 - 25
Millennium Stadium
Cardiff

02-Nov-2003
Won - 53 - 37
Telstra Stadium
Sydney

21-Jun-2003
Won - 55 - 3
Waikato Stadium
Hamilton

23-Nov-2002
Won - 43 - 17
Millennium Stadium
Cardiff
[/b]
:lol2tn:

A one point game during an end of year tour when the AB's rested players... other than that your little "last 4 years" theory doesn't really hold much water considering they haven't held us to less than 40 any other time.

lol shtove.. Show some respect? We were just having a good ol argument, nothing wrong with that?

We didn't call each other names, the best way to go imo.

If he believes Ireland can beat the All Blacks at the RWC, good on him. I guess it's that kind of hope that keeps the RWC open.
I'm sure if he was objective, he would reconsider :p

PS: I'm sure he's not 98 :p