Votes: 0 0.0%
  • South Africa

• Ireland

• France

• Total voters
If he believes Ireland can beat the All Blacks at the RWC, good on him. I guess it's that kind of hope that keeps the RWC open.
I'm sure if he was objective, he would reconsider :p
[/b]
I just watched Crusaders take Giteau's team to pieces - if the rest of the world doesn't go on hoping, they won't turn up for the RWC.

Look at the last world cup. Wales nearly beat NZ, their not f***ings Gods. If Ireland and NZ play, it will be a close game no matter who wins, and if the ABs win, it will be within 10 points, same either way

It all depends on the teams that turn up on the day... Anything can happen in sport...

I suspect NZ to walk away with the World Cup this year... but then who wouldn't on the current lineup... It could just as easily be the French, the Irish, the aussies, the English, the welsh, the scots or the argentinians... You just never know when it comes to a world cup, with so many big physical games shoved into a short period of time anything can happen and it usually does happen...

Look at the last world cup. Wales nearly beat NZ, their not f***ings Gods.
[/b]
Was it that close? Anyway, the ABs turned up in 03 without a pack. This time ... it's ye Gods alright. I swear, judging by what the Crusaders did to Western Force today, there's enough for a third AB pack fit to line out at the RWC.

Plus it looks likely that Toeava will secure the 13 spot and run round, over and under anyone he comes up against. That was their only weak position in November, and they look to have found a world class player coming into form.

Wales did give them a scare, defiantely, but we were never going to beat them.
And I can't see ANYONE beating them this year.
BUT...It is the world cup. And it is New Zealand.

At the last World Cup the All Blacks beat Wales 53-37, am I right?
Wales can't expect to win after getting 50+ points put on them. Sure they made it tight, but they didn't "almost" beat us. It seems as though if a team comes to within 7 points of the All Blacks, you think they almost beat the All Blacks.

Look at the last world cup. Wales nearly beat NZ, their not f***ings Gods. If Ireland and NZ play, it will be a close game no matter who wins, and if the ABs win, it will be within 10 points, same either way
[/b]
It simply won't. The last time 3 times Ireland have played NZ they haven't faced a full strength team and been beaten handily every time (remember 45-7 in 2005?).

In a full strength match the Irish pack wouldn't be able to supply enough ball to the backline to come close and on the AB's counter-attack you can hardly see the likes of John Hayes stopping the Rico Gears and Sivivatus of this world.

It's why we didn't win the 6N and it's why we won't win the RWC.

Well lets just point out that Ireland in their last two encounters nearly beat the ABs.. a lucky try and a few penelties dosnt mean your the best team in the world, France beat Ireland by 4 points.. so theres nothing really seperating these 3 sides, they are all at their highest peak at the moment. One thing iv noticed, when Ireland France or NZ play, they play full on 80min, anu other team seem to lose stamina at about 60-70 min, thats a major factor to concider. All in all, its going to be . . . "epic"
[/b]
what kind of complete moron can honestly believe ireland are even close to the allblacks one of the games was the first game last year and the other was the second DID YOU SEE THE END OF YEAR TOUR the only reason ireland weren't slaugtered like 2005 end of year tour was because they didn't play the allblacks. And france were slaughtered 47- 3 the allblacks are the best in the world and the only remaining doubt is wether they suffer another mental break down in a world cup semi. :wall: :rahh: :%#%#:

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
It simply won't. The last time 3 times Ireland have played NZ they haven't faced a full strength team and been beaten handily every time (remember 45-7 in 2005?).

In a full strength match the Irish pack wouldn't be able to supply enough ball to the backline to come close and on the AB's counter-attack you can hardly see the likes of John Hayes stopping the Rico Gears and Sivivatus of this world.

It's why we didn't win the 6N and it's why we won't win the RWC.
[/b][/quote] absolutly ireland won't win the world cup and if the irish suffer the misfortune of playing the allblacks they will be destroyed. sure wales ran us close at the last world cup (4years ago) but using that logic we stepped up about ten gears to bet the south africans 28-0 in the quarter final the only reason the wales game was close was because we got cocky. anyway ireland are good defensively but can't possibly score enough points to trouble the abs. oh yeah and they have NEVER beaten the allblacks. B)

... and the only remaining doubt is wether they suffer another mental break down in a world cup semi. :wall: :rahh: :%#%#:
[/b]
Sigmund O'Freud is on the case. Apparently, these "breakdowns" - as you call them - have happened in the past ...

I think NZ have got this one. If Toeava overcomes his fears and McAlister/Mauger is on form then our midfield could become fairly potent. Plus having Rokocoko on form would help. Although I will admit that we tend to implode whenever the World Cup comes around. The South Africans could punish us for stupid mistakes (think Crusaders vs Sharks). But I don't really think that the Super 14 should be taken so seroiusly as it has meant very little in the past World Cup years.

I think NZ have got this one. If Toeava overcomes his fears and McAlister/Mauger is on form then our midfield could become fairly potent. Plus having Rokocoko on form would help. Although I will admit that we tend to implode whenever the World Cup comes around. The South Africans could punish us for stupid mistakes (think Crusaders vs Sharks). But I don't really think that the Super 14 should be taken so seroiusly as it has meant very little in the past World Cup years.
[/b]
I think people are reading too much into the Super 14, the Hieneken Cup had 3 out of the 4 teams being English Clubs in the semi finals didn't they? Don't see people riding their jockstrap over it.