Canada

Pool D

Samoa
South Africa
United States
Japan

Really ***** pool for Scotland :(

Last edited:
Saw the coverage for the Wellington leg and to be fair when are people seriously going to take real notice of Ifan Evans?

Last edited by a moderator:
Matt Morgan is joining Wales for this tournament isn't he?
The U20s will miss him, but it'll get him more exposure

I'm liking the look of that England pool :D

Yes he is, be great to see him in action!

Look out for Mark Odejobi returning from a broken leg to regain his place in the england 7s team! Great 7s player! Watch out for him in vegas!

Still can't multi-quote for some reason :(

It depends where you live (with regard to T.V.)

Thought the IRB site are showing the games live?

Matthew Morgan should make an absolutely awesome sevens player. He makes carving defenses to pieces look easy in the 15 man game, he should find this a breeze. Really looking forward to see how he goes.

I agree about Ifan Evans Cymro, looks like a very capable winger. Quite a bit bigger than the last time I saw him, but has still retained his pace. Why isn't he getting any chances at any of the regions?

Matthew Morgan will be unstoppable attacking, but very poor in defence.
His defence is already suspect in XV's and will be even more critical in 7's.
As he was born in England, rumour is that he is being flown out as a nationality lock. I believe he has already stated his preference for Wales, but this lad is a talent.

Ifan plays for Llandovery, so his region would be the Scarlets, has he played for them ever?

Matthew Morgan should make an absolutely awesome sevens player. He makes carving defenses to pieces look easy in the 15 man game, he should find this a breeze. Really looking forward to see how he goes.

I agree about Ifan Evans Cymro, looks like a very capable winger. Quite a bit bigger than the last time I saw him, but has still retained his pace. Why isn't he getting any chances at any of the regions?

The boy has some serious gas, better than Ajuwa for sure! I presume it goes down to two things, maybe because he's out on 7s all the time and teams won't touch him because of that or that bulk wise he is small for the XV's game, thats the grumbling I have heard. But really the likes of the Dragons or even the Scarlets themselves should have given him a go. People on the Scarlets forum have said they don't think he could make it, surely that judgement couldn't be made until he was given a go. I question the management at the Scarlets, for me it seems more about who you know rather than how good you are.

He did a few years back sit on the bench a couple of times for the Scarlets but never came off it.

His profile: http://www.scarlets.co.uk/eng/rugby/people.php?player=86082&includeref=dynamic

wow that was a huge sigh of relief Fiji finally managed to beat Samoa, had to work damn hard for it though after nearly bombing what should have been an easy try late in the second half and being given another yellow card. Fiji showed great defence to make those tackles on such big guys with only 6 men. I can't believe how much Nacagilevu has improved since last year, i was *****ing a lot about his defence but now he's really good.

now we've got New Zealand :unsure:

i've noticed Wales and Scotland are technically good and Wales were doing alright against NZ but both teams lack a big fast player who can bust through tackles, the way NZ has Halai and Mikkelson, Samoa has Treviranus, Fiji has Burotu, SA have Frankie Horn. Wales and scotland don't have any big fast players they're all small guys that just end up going side to side and not getting anywhere, Wales had the majority of possession against NZ in their game but they just couldn't break through any tackles

I've noticed NZ have been starting slow on day 1 as well, i think they've conceded the first try in nearly all their pool games which is unusual for them. I think its all gonna come down to who scores first in this Fiji vs NZ semi, scoring the first try can completely change the whole game. i just hope Fiji don't get another yellow card again

Last edited:
Scotland Sevens suffering the same way against Aus in the pool stages as the XVs against Wales

We had all the possesion, made twice as many passes, multiple scoring oppurtunities, bus unforced errors costing us the win which would have put us in the
Quaters as opposed to Aus

I must re-iterate that this Fijian ref, Lolo or Loco something, really is rubbish
Every time I see him he makes blatant errors, but every game the errors are different
For instance, in this Scotlans vs. Japan game, both sides rarely took the tap properly (as in they just held the ball and nudged it with the foot)
But a consistent problem is his offside/forward pass/knock-ons- he calls them wrong more often than right

Kenyans look half decent players, do any play in Europe that we know of?

Kenyans look half decent players, do any play in Europe that we know of?

I think most of the players play for specialized sevens clubs in Nairobi, at least all their important players do

Fiji sticking it to NZ the now...

Last edited:
Wales due to face Scotland :lol: soon in the SF of the Bowl ... could be interesting this!

Scotland beat Wales and then Japan to get through to the bowl final against Canada

Watched the Wales game ... has the ref ever heard of holding on to the ball on the ground? Shocking miss tackle also to allow Scotland in, in the last min!

oh man fiji losing 19-7. Vucago should go off he's clearly too injured, good work from south africa but man i'm getting sick of ref's not ruling the late tackles every team has been doing to fiji after they kick the ball.

Last edited:

Latest posts