• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

IRB Sevens Standings

It is sad that the Stormers did not release Brent, he could have been a real trump card.

My parents will be in Dubai for the 7's, lucky sods.
[/b]

i reckon fiji will win and SA will come second
[/b]
i would like to see fifji win

SA to win this year. All the players who were given the finger by Jake White will wanna prove a point.

Sad that the Stormers refused to release Brent Russell.

I love Sevens though, it's sorta like Twenty20 cricket, good for a quick cold one with the missus without bloody explaining every single whistle blown.
[/b]
i dont see anyone beating nz, sheer pace and strenghth alone makes them a formidable team

Hi mates Georgia still made breakthrough on Rugby Sevens as we have won match for the Third place 26:7 over Ireland, and we are still on the pool stage of the rugby sevens world cup that is to be held in Dubai. Portugal became the winner of Hannover Rugby Sevens European Cup. Now we Georgians are waiting for the pool stage info to learn with whom we will face off in Dubai
Wish you all good. Cheers
:cheers: :cheers: B)

If the lower nations can perform the way some of them do on the Sevens scene they could become great forces in the fifteen man game.

If the lower nations can perform the way some of them do on the Sevens scene they could become great forces in the fifteen man game.
[/b]
Yes. I hope we'll soon see more than 5 nations to fight for the world cup trophy.
It's good to see others nations being closer to the big names of world rugby.

Georgia's going stronger and stronger.
It's a good news to know they perform so well in Hanover Sevens.
I wish them (and Fiji, Samoa, Kenya, Tonga...) to succeed in the XV game after the sevens.
I think everybody would be happy to see more great teams in the XV game : it would mean more great matchs !

Thanls for your words "Georgia is gettin' stronger and stronger", just because it contains hell more truth than false:) what is main for Georgia is to improve all the rugby species in our country. Georgian rugby has its roots deep in the USSR past where one of the Georgian teams (and my favorite) Kutaisi AIA managed to win the tournaments for 8 times. What is disturbing and annoying is the my friends form another countries say ":if SMALL NATIONS do all in XVs as they do in sevens...." do not forget that Georgian National Rugby Board entered IRB just in 1961 and first matches as a liberal Georgian team were held in early 90's, so nobody knows what would Georgians do if not Irony Curtains of USSR. I would like to remind you Georgia's play against Ireland, and 30:0 won match against Namibia on RWC2007. I don't bother you with the achievements of Georgians against FC Barbarians and another international teams. Respect eachother dear mates.
Cheers :cheers: B)

Isn't Tim Lane who said recently that Australia should naturalise georgians props ?
One proof Geogia's rugby is now recognized at the higher level.

option=com_mediaslide&act=contact&id=1&albumnum=1&Itemid=56#[/img]Yeah, Mate
actually we take pride of having one of the strongets players in the oval world, one example is the Russian journalists' comments about our Georgian boys how they "put Russian players on the ground every time they touch them" :cryy: , so Mr. Tim Lane's announcement I think is based on reality. Othervise we adore our rugby players here in Georgia as they always leave arena completely wasted, i.e they always fight till the end, and never give in :wall: that is the reason Georgians are gettin more and more popular.
And one thing I want to tell you is that we like France rugby very much here as more than 800 Georgian players play in Top14 and in lower divisions, and there they qualify too much, thats because we call France rugby leagues "rugby day nursery" for our rugbers :cheers: :bravo: .
My favorite player in France id Dimitry Chargevskji (sorry for spelling). :huh: :bravo: :cheers:

And again rugby sevens I think is one of the most beautiful sports in the world after the 15s rugby of course

hello mates where r'e you have you forgotten existence of this thread? :D
whats new with you
have you anybody some news to add here :cheers:

Yeah I want to move there

And I wish my country team Georgia to play there in a way to make people say something gooooood about them

irb7_comp_logo_1.jpg

Can't wait till the Wellington tournament!
They actually show all the games on freeview then!
My parents don't want to get sky :eek:

So, barring any freakish tournament failures, we should have this year in the bag
woop woop :bravo:

looks like getting the players on proper sevens contracts has payed off.

The final standings after Fiji beat South Africa by a point in yesterday final at Murrayfield are...

Overall Standings
South Africa 20 20 8 12 24 20 12 16 132
Fiji 12 12 4 4 30 12 8 20 102
England 16 8 20 16 8 8 20 2 98
New Zealand 12 16 16 8 8 4 16 8 88
Argentina 4 12 12 20 8 12 0 0 68
Kenya 6 0 12 6 18 16 2 4 64
Samoa 8 4 0 4 18 2 0 4 40
Australia 4 0 0 2 8 6 4 6 30
Scotland 0 0 0 0 0 0 12 12 24
Wales 0 0 6 0 2 4 0 12 24
USA 0 4 4 12 0 0 0 0 20
Portugal 2 6 0 0 1 0 6 0 15
France 0 2 0 0 2 0 4 0 8
Tonga 0 0 0 0 4 0 0 0 4
Canada 0 0 0 0 3 0 0 0 3
Cook Islands 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 2
Arabian Gulf 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Russia 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Tunisia 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Uganda 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Really late but did Samoa really tie 54 all with Arabian Gulf?
Surely a new record for highest tie?

Go Argentina! Lol... Hi... Is my first post and i dont understand nothing lol... My english is not good... Bye

Argentine (pumas) Is the best!

2009/2010 Final Standings

SAM.gif
SAMOA 1 64
NZL.gif
NEW ZEALAND 149
AUS.gif
AUSTRALIA 122
FIJ.gif
FIJI1 108
ENG.gif
ENGLAND 96
RSA.gif
SOUTH AFRICA 80
ARG.gif
ARGENTINA 62
KEN.gif
KENYA 52
WAL.gif
WALES 34
USA.gif
UNITED STATES 32
CAN.gif
CANADA 15
SCO.gif
SCOTLAND 12

I didn't realise HK was worth 30 points.

Last edited:

Latest posts