• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

IRB Sevens USA

Originally posted by DC13@Feb 17 2006, 10:48 AM
hey CA, is that where the usa eagles 15's play their home fixtures?
no. the pitch at the home depot center looks to be a wee bit short for a regulation test. for one thing, the tryzone's are definitely smaller than the usually allotted 10 - 20 metre depth. i suppose it's just fine for 7's.

looks as though we're currently without a proper home.

it used to be balboa park in san francisco, but our leg of the newly vamped out churchill cup this summer will be taking place in san jose (just south of san fran, still the bay area).

i guess what's good is that they keep moving it around, getting a better sense of support in different areas of the country. but, it must kinda suck not having our own main home ground. at least, i think it does.

incidentally, on rugby06 - if you've never seen photos or have been there, their version of the usa home ground (balboa) is quite an exaggeration. you can't see downtown SF (let alone the trans-america building) and there are no stands at either tryzone nor on the far side of the pitch. thanks for trying, ea. i have been told that it is a lovely pitch to play on though.

Originally posted by Wally+Feb 17 2006, 08:32 PM-->
What does your shirt say Captain?[/b]
<!--QuoteBegin-gjohn85 @ Feb 14 2006
@ 08:37 AM

Great pics there Cap!

I bet Chiro whould act like that if he was there!!

Btw what does it say on your shirt? 

Walleyed,

'if god had meant football to be played in the air, he would have put grass in the sky'
-- brian clough

philosphy football shirt courtesy of my father-in-law.

i've also got alf garnett's 'football is working class ballet'

-------
Cheers Quintes - it was a lot of fun.

I viewed the highlites on ITV2 last night, England played particularly well especially the last gasp defence against the Arg's...

...Vilky had a good tourny too by the looks of it...

Have to say it was a great weekend as always, but the staff at the Home Depot Center were atrocious. Stood in line for tickets for about an hour and a half due to the incompetent f***wits at the ticket office. The general admission tickets were also supposed to be between the corners and the 10 meter lines. Upon trying to enter in between the 22 and the 10 meter lines, I was told that I was not allowed to sit there. Fortunately, I was able to sneak into the best seats (on halfway on the shady side) on Sunday. I have sent an email to the tournament director about this and have yet to receive a reply, 3 weeks later. I'll definitely go next year and hopefully they keep it in LA as opposed to moving it like there have been whispers about.

Originally posted by goeagles@Mar 2 2006, 08:21 AM
Have to say it was a great weekend as always, but the staff at the Home Depot Center were atrocious. Stood in line for tickets for about an hour and a half due to the incompetent f***wits at the ticket office. The general admission tickets were also supposed to be between the corners and the 10 meter lines. Upon trying to enter in between the 22 and the 10 meter lines, I was told that I was not allowed to sit there. Fortunately, I was able to sneak into the best seats (on halfway on the shady side) on Sunday. I have sent an email to the tournament director about this and have yet to receive a reply, 3 weeks later. I'll definitely go next year and hopefully they keep it in LA as opposed to moving it like there have been whispers about.
i hope they don't move it. I think it's a tremendous venue (even though the pitch might be short by a couple metre's).

damn, i didn't have any problems with the staff. rolled up just after 1030am on sunday, got general admin tickets right away, went in, camped out, roved around -- no problems whatsoever.

sat next to the best seats and saw some kids getting chucked out. then saw some livid samoans getting all fiesty and **** because they were in the wrong seats. this big f*** was yelling at a woman half his size. but he kinda got the hint and got the hell out pretty quickly.

Captain,

You didn't run into problems because most people went for both days and thus didn't have to get tickets again on Sunday. The people in line with us were not happy. A Fijian guy behind me said that if this was Fiji, there would have been rioting. :lol:

I think I seen you captainamerica. Your sitting where me and my cousins would start to make our way over to the middle section. Haha! Works everytime!

FijiRugbyFan,

The lady who was supposed to check for tickets didn't even check mine and I just went and sat down right on halfway!

Originally posted by goeagles@Mar 2 2006, 01:27 PM
Captain,

You didn't run into problems because most people went for both days and thus didn't have to get tickets again on Sunday. The people in line with us were not happy. A Fijian guy behind me said that if this was Fiji, there would have been rioting. :lol:
I just went on the Sunday. Didn't go both days.

Was that you, FijiRugbyFan??? Cool! But, listen, it's okay in California, you don't have to say 'cousin' -- you can say 'boyfriend.' Saw you guys making out for the entire West Indies match. I understand. It was a pretty boring match.

Latest posts