• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

IRB World 7s

sigesige00

Bench Player
IRB World 7s structure should be reformed.

1st, pool draw should not be done by lottery, but by ranking.

Pool A 01 08 09 16
Pool B 02 07 10 15
Pool C 03 06 11 14
Pool D 04 05 12 13

You'd basically be getting the same sides playing each other all of the time, then.

You'd basically be getting the same sides playing each other all of the time, then.

OK, so my first suggestion

Pool A 01 08 09 16
Pool B 02 07 10 15
Pool C 03 06 11 14
Pool D 04 05 12 13

is only for the 1st round of the World 7s.
From the 2nd round, the draw should still be done by the rankings, but draw with same teams should be avoided.

And, in the last season, only top 12 could play the final London round. Is that same in this season? I do not understand why.

According to the IRB, the length of ingoals is 7m at all stadiums of the World 7s. It seems that 7m is the shortest length of the stadiums. I think that the stadium with the shortest ingoals is Scotstoun (Glasgow).

I do not understand the point-system of the World 7s. Could you tell me any relevant website?

1st round done by how the rankings finished for the overall year previous.

Each round after done on the results of the last tournament, this will mix it up a bit and reward teams who perform in the previous round(yes maybe advantage them, but why not?)

In this season, World 7s have 9 rounds. From the next season, Vancouver will be added and World 7s is becoming 10 rounds. Could you tell me the maximum number of rounds? I think 12 would still be OK.

Latest posts