• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ireland A v Scotland A

I'd like to see Ian Humphreys get 30 minutes now that the game is out of sight. He should have started.

Good stuff from Baz. Shame he had no support, a break like that deserved a try. Scottish tightead has been binned, Ireland cleverly go for a scrum straight away so Scotland have to take off a backrow.

if a score comes now I imagine that may well happen

desperate call though from Jones, we were driven back there

really does **** me off when refs miss that, playing the ball in front of the knock on is a full penalty. They're missing it so much I start doubting the law myself.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Monkeypigeon @ Feb 13 2009, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Makes you wonder why stringer is on the bench.[/b]

well in fairness to him we didn't see him last week so hard to criticise him in that regard but I take your point.

My guess is because Tomás and Reddan are similar where as Stringer is completely different to both of them.

they're finding gaps the Scots but much like the senior side there's very little end product.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Feb 13 2009, 09:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
My guess is because Tomás and Reddan are similar where as Stringer is completely different to both of them.[/b]

fair point but then if he wasn't used against the French is there much chance of him seeing any game time for the rest of the championship.

Once again, I've been hugely impressed with O'Brien. He's a tremendously powerful tackler and ball carrier who runs excellent support lines. He needs to improve his vision though because too often he ploughs forward without looking to give an offload.

Healy also put in an excellent shift.

been impressed with Casey as well, put in some big hits. Ross and Healy will be pleased with their efforts in the scrum.

can someone explain to be how you're supposed to be back 10 from a penalty that's 5m out???

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Feb 13 2009, 09:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
been impressed with Casey as well, put in some big hits. Ross and Healy will be pleased with their efforts in the scrum.[/b]
Right on all counts. I think all three will be capped during the summer. I don't think Casey has played for the full team since 2000.

So who is playing where? I think we are lining up like this at the moment??

9. Reddan
10. Sexton
11. Humphreys
12. Matthews
13. McCrea
14. Boss
15. Duffy

?????

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Feb 13 2009, 09:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
can someone explain to be how you're supposed to be back 10 from a penalty that's 5m out???[/b]

You only need to be ten back 5 metres from the line when the ref's a ***.

been impressed with Turnbull, he's certainly been willing to give it a go since coming on, just a shame for Scotland that he's lacked the support around him

Latest posts