• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ireland In the final.......kind of!

S

stevemagoo

Alain Rolland has been appointed as the ref for the 2007 RWC Final.

I knew we'd get there somehow...

HAHA - Stick that up your jumper Honiss!!

Pitty he's not one of the best RUGBY refs though. [/b]

Agree! Not my fav, to be honest Id like it to have gone to someone else, I know England are not out but Old Spreadbury is a real character and a good ref, even our Gay Welsh Counterpart Nigel Owens should have reffed!

<div class='quotemain'> Pitty he's not one of the best RUGBY refs though. [/b]

Agree! Not my fav, to be honest Id like it to have gone to someone else, I know England are not out but Old Spreadbury is a real character and a good ref, even our Gay Welsh Counterpart Nigel Owens should have reffed!
[/b][/quote] I could see it now. 'Crouch, Touch & Spank'

Ah, good ol' Spreadders. The only referee the world has seen (outside the WWF) who enjoys getting boo'd!

Ah, good ol' Spreadders. The only referee the world has seen (outside the WWF) who enjoys getting boo'd!
[/b]

At the risk of going wildly off topic, I think it's funny that over five years after the WWF was forced to change it's name to WWE, everyone still calls them the WWF.

That panda really got them good.

:D

Actually from what I saw from him in the NZ France game, he didn't speak very good French.

Anyone who beliees that is a communist. [/b]
I didn't say I thought he was the best ref. I was conveying the thoughts of the IRB. But i'll go along with the communist notion.
Communist%20poster.jpg
Cultrev.jpg

Actually from what I saw from him in the NZ France game, he didn't speak very good French. [/b]

what are you talking about? when did he referee the new zealand france game?

Actually from what I saw from him in the NZ France game, he didn't speak very good French.
[/b]

He was speaking French to the Aussies, which is why the English scrum went so well

I speak Spanish to God, Italian to women, French to men, and German to my horse.
Charles V

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

He was speaking French to the Aussies, which is why the English scrum went so well

I speak Spanish to God, Italian to women, French to men, and German to my horse.
Charles V [/b][/quote]
Are you feeling alrite? It might be time you have a lie down...

Actually from what I saw from him in the NZ France game, he didn't speak very good French. [/b]

Er.. He didn't ref that game....

He's half French - His dad was a chef over here in ireland.......the whole family is fluent.

He lives around the corner from me.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

Charles V [/b][/quote]
Are you feeling alrite? It might be time you have a lie down...
[/b][/quote]

he didn't ref the NZ/France game as the original poster stated, he reff'ed the Aus/Eng game. The Aussie front row did not seem to understand him when he kept saying 'If you go down this time, I will penalise you'. He may as well have been speaking French.

But it was very late so I did go for a lie down after :mellow:

Half Irish - French? The rosbifs are going to get pretty well done if they make it through. "This is for bloody sunday and your terrible cooking, english pigs!"

Latest posts