• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Is fifa worth getting?

I think Fifa is worth getting (then again I torrented it), it always depresses me because when I play it it makes me think "This is how rugby games should be made".

I have it for Pc so it doesn't have the next gen engine, if your paying for it get it for a next gen console.

I agree, if only the quality of fifa was in rugby games. But the chances of that are very remote as EA would rather cash in on fifa. Maybe they should get some of the madden devlopers helping the rugby games!
Mind you that new "backbreaker" game looks very good, not sure who its made by though.

Fifa is a good game, but the best football game in the market is PES 2008, without any doubt. ;)

fifa 07 i would say was a lot better then fifa 08, this is on xbox btw, but still they are both pretty good, managers modes are becoming nice an idepth

fifa 07 i would say was a lot better then fifa 08, this is on xbox btw, but still they are both pretty good, managers modes are becoming nice an idepth [/b]

I soooo agree! Fifa 08 went backwards compared to 07...what were they thinking????

Well here is hoping regarding 09....

EA FIFA ** s**ks on the pc, sorry, but it's my opinion. FIFA rocked during the early days but now they don't even bother radically improving the game, the graphics lack on the pc. Maybe on the consoles it rocks, but I dislike this new policy of lacking the pc.

EA FIFA ** s**ks on the pc, sorry, but it's my opinion. FIFA rocked during the early days but now they don't even bother radically improving the game, the graphics lack on the pc. Maybe on the consoles it rocks, but I dislike this new policy of lacking the pc.

[/b]

PS3 graphics are nothing to write home about......

<div class='quotemain'> EA FIFA ** s**ks on the pc, sorry, but it's my opinion. FIFA rocked during the early days but now they don't even bother radically improving the game, the graphics lack on the pc. Maybe on the consoles it rocks, but I dislike this new policy of lacking the pc.

[/b]

PS3 graphics are nothing to write home about......
[/b][/quote]

If that's true, because I never had a console, than EA better change their policy.

I stopped plaing FIFA since 2006. All games since then are 99 % identical (including UCL, World Cup or EURO)

It's worth trying, but you'll get bored in two weeks.

PES2008, on the other hand, doesn't focus on reality, but it has a longer life.

FIFA 08 was after long time the best fifa, meanwhile Pro Evolution not does a Evolution.
they done a reverse step, pes 6 was much better from gameplaying.

but pro evo is better then fifa yet, but let us look by 09 who is better.

by the year: UEFA EURO 2008 was the worst game from EA
no Netherlands, no new nike jerseys

nike boots are only in one color
mercurial are only red

air tiempo only white

and wo
t90 once in black with green swoosh
and once white with red swoosh

in fifa there was by every boot 5 colour combinations and now only 1 or rarely maybe 2

and the pc version with his prev gen graphic nerves me too :(

I think FIFA 2008 is a solid effort and did improve on 2007, but the fact is that, at this day and age, gameplay and the graphics seem rather outdated...
Perhaps things would change if the PC version ported the PS3 engine -not the PS2-, but then even their next gen graphics aren't exactly impressive.

i stopped to play fifa in 2007.. i think that is better than pes in graphics and compatbilit, but pes is better in playability...
rugby games should be like fifa's :(

I also stopped playing FIFA after 2007 because there was no good chnges from FIFA 2007 to FIFA 2008

PES has not so many Leagues but from the Gamplay and the Graphics it it much more better, when FIFA 2009 will come out I will take a look at the new NextGen Graphics, but I think that PES 2009 will also be better

Just got a 360 Premium from E-BAAAAAY! (said like how Strongbad says "E-MAAAAIL!" by the by) and along with the free controllers it came with several games, including FIFA 08.

Just sold Fifa 08 after just checking to see if the game disk was okay and loaded properly. Can't be arsed with football games, the only one I've ever played was Sensible Soccer on the Amiga. Now that was a football game!

So to answer your question: no idea mate! :D

Well, Fifa 08 is the best footy ***le I've played since Sensi on the Mega Drive or Kick Off 2 on the Atari St.

The fact that you had an Atari ST rather than the infinitely superior Commodore Amiga A500 shows that you should not be in this conversation.

Then again, neither should I, but thats not the point!

It's not my fault that my dad picked the wrong one. I was only 6 when I got the thing.

Latest posts