• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Is fifa worth getting?

It's not my fault that my dad picked the wrong one. I was only 6 when I got the thing. [/b]

Well at least you guys didn't have what I had.....an Amstrad. Now that was a real stretch trying to play these weird games that loaded up by CASSETTE TAPE lol!

Anyway is Fifa worth getting? Well I suppose it is something to do with playing soccer games online until we wait for Fifa09! I have actually started to find the game enjoyable and I could actually play it all day if I that were possible.....this is probably because I have started to win games a lot using AEK Athens against the big gun teams and even somtimes the big gun players lol!

<div class='quotemain'> It's not my fault that my dad picked the wrong one. I was only 6 when I got the thing. [/b]

Well at least you guys didn't have what I had.....an Amstrad. Now that was a real stretch trying to play these weird games that loaded up by CASSETTE TAPE lol![/b][/quote]

CPC 464 like a mofo! :bana:

Anyway is Fifa worth getting? [/b]

We keep telling you, WE DON'T KNOW!

FIFA 08 is great. I love it.. It still suffers from what every FIFA game has suffered from.. Easy goals. As long as you play it on the top two difficulty settings, and force yourself not to cheat then it is very enjoyable..

PC and PS2 version sucks though.

FIFA 08 is great. I love it.. It still suffers from what every FIFA game has suffered from.. Easy goals. As long as you play it on the top two difficulty settings, and force yourself not to cheat then it is very enjoyable..

PC and PS2 version sucks though.[/b]
Luckily I suffer from a built in inability to score goals despite the fact I never give away goals either so FIFA is fine for me in even the lower difficulties. :D

Wait for the demos. You never know how it might be. PES seems to get worse online every time, and FIFA seems to get better online, to the point that they are even doing 10v10 online this year!

Yeah it sure is eventually...slowly getting the hang of this game and begining to beat some very good players. Some things on the game you learn by accident as you play it over and over again.

Ok well I have to say that I am beginning to get SERIOUSLY addicted to this game.

I hurt my trapeziums running with the kids today....so gonna have a day off from school cos it is so hard trying to move. Anyway I am gonna stay in one spot (the couch) and play Fifa online the whole day!

This game really becomes enjoyable when you take the assisted OFF with through balls. I think this is the one reason why I am loving this game as I have become CREATIVE since selecting this option. As a result from turning through balls into manual mode I can now put the ball into SPACES! This one option has made this game so lovable! I am soooo thrilled and what I can do with the game.

So yes....Fifa08 is worth getting....but only if you have patience to go through the time of learning to master it...which actually takes a long time....a bit of a steep learning curve....and there are a few things that I accidentally picked up which do make a huige difference when playing which are not outlined in the manual. No doubt there are a few things more which I will pick up in the future as well.

I've been playing this again recently, it is a very good version this year. I wonder what they'll tweak in FIFA 09...

Well with 09 I just hope they get the special moves fixed up as it is a bit pathetic the way they work now.

Anyway for thos whose are interested I set my controls where everything is assisted except for through balls which I set to manual. This turns the through ball into a manual pass in any direction so you get the best of both worlds with your crisp to the toe assisted pass and your perfectl placed in space manual pass. Actually I am seriously thinking today to set my lobs to manual as well.

I can see the frustration in people who play me as normally when you mark up you know that the ball will be going to a player rather than a space. I would say that 90 percent of the people I have played online play this way of having passes on assisted. So when they mark my players closely they get frustrated because I start putting the ball into spaces that my players run into.

The brilliant thing about this manual through ball is that you can CONTROL THE RECEIVER. You no longer have to just stand there like a dummy and wait for the ball to get to you....you have the freedom to IMMEDIATELY run towards the ball. So even if you pass to someone who is forward and they have a defender stuck on them you can play the pass a bit shorter and quickly pull your receiver back to recieve the ball.

Sometimes I put the ball into a space and no one gets the ball for ages because it takes a while for anyone to get there. Then it seems like I am teasing my opponent cos I can see them desperately trying to get to the ball which appears to be "free" only for me to get there first (be sure when you put a ball in space that your reciever is closer).

You can if you wish change the players you want to recieve the ball....so soon I am gonna learn how to do soccers equivalent of the rugby league mousetrap haha!

Other times I don't let anyone pick up the ball (activate L2 and R2 and the reciever will stop) and I just let the ball sit there. This you do can with your players at the back to make it look like what you see on TV where they stand back a bit and look around before doing a lob down field lol! You can also do a tiny little pass in front of your feet to make it look like you are giving yourself room before you hoof it downfield. This is just making the game look more like real life...your opponent will be thinking "Who the hell is this guy?" lol!

Why are Man U in every picture on that link that was posted? Don't tell me they will be the Barcelona of FIFA 09, god dammit I hate EA.

It's the Rooney connection, now Ronaldinhio is moving to... um, Somewhere, they can't put a pic of him up in Barca colours.

Plus, Man Utd are currently the best roundy team about.

Really? Oh well I feel sorry for them. I love playing against Barcy and Many teams in 08! When people choose an international team I sometimes choose....NEW ZEALAND. Yep....this is because I once played this guy who tharshed me 8 nil with some random 1 and a half star team which I KNEW he randomly picked just out of the blue. From that moment on I realised that a master player can make useless teams like NZ win games online...and yes I have won games with NZ against Brazil and the big guns lol! It is more the player than the team.

I wonder if there's a possible crack to make the NZ team perform the Haka before each match...

I hear what you're saying about teams v players though, I thrashed RC, Getofmeland and St.Helens_RLFC using Northampton against big teams on Rugby 06/08 numerous times.

*coughSaints-108-Ospreys-7cough*

Haha...now this is a first....a Kiwi going on about how he loves soccer games and a Pom going on about how he likes Rugby games. All we need now is an Afrikaaner to say he loves Madden and a Fijian to say he loves NBA live lol!

I think FIFA 08 is great, but it is old now and unless it was real cheap i would wait untill 09. Not sure about EURO, but all reports I have herd it is good too.

Yes....just wait till "09 comes out...buy it straight away...and try and get a jump on the competition lol!

I would suggest PES or Winning Eleven Series rather than FIFA Series....hehehehe... :p

which is the better game fifa 08 or Pes5?
I am thinking of investing but unsure what option

pes 2008 should i say

Latest posts