• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Is it worth getting?

i enjoyed angel of darkness, that was cool, and it wasnt short either i enjoyed the storyline.

as for legend, i enjoyed that one as well, though it was very short.

I am looking at getting the new one (anniversary) but not in any hurry. Is it the same as the first tomb raider? just upgraded? if it is i dont think ill bother at all.

Question: I believe her boobs to be considerably smaller than they were back in the Tomb Raider 2 days. Am i wrong?
[/b]
I do believe the breasts are smaller these days (or as the designers would probably prefer it called, "refined"). Either that, or that's one hell of a corset she's wearing.

Ironically, I suspect the amount of polygons that go into rendering those boobies these days is probably the same as it took to render the whole of Lara 11 years ago.

I am looking at getting the new one (anniversary) but not in any hurry. Is it the same as the first tomb raider? just upgraded? if it is i dont think ill bother at all.
[/b]
It's what is known in the industry as an "enhanced remake". It follows the same plotline, but the levels are redesigned to take advantage of the new technology (in this case, the engine used for Legend), sometimes with new bits and things mixed about to throw off fans of the original. I believe, due in some part to the fact its no longer based on a world made entirely of cubes and the inclusion of the grappling hook from Legend, that they've redesigned some portions of the levels, but I suspect those who played the original will know whats coming up. I also hear they've made the T-Rex fight rubbish too. Still, 360 owners of Legend can look forward to playing the Croft Manor part of Anniversary for free in the near future by all accounts...

Still, 360 owners of Legend can look forward to playing the Croft Manor part of Anniversary for free in the near future by all accounts... [/b]

What? How... What?

<div class='quotemain'>Still, 360 owners of Legend can look forward to playing the Croft Manor part of Anniversary for free in the near future by all accounts... [/b]
What? How... What?
[/b][/quote]
I have been informed that Anniversary will be released on the 360 as episodic content to owners of Legend (with a retail version to follow some time later). I believe the current plan is to release it as two packs, each containing half of the game at an undetermined price (and the information suggests that the Manor will be given as a freebie) but as nothing like this has ever happened on Live before, exact details on how it'll work is a complete unknown at a point. As it was explicitly mentioned that it would be released to owners of Legend, my guess is that it will take the form of an expansion pack. And I know Sega are planning to release the Phantasy Star Universe expansion on the 360 exclusively through the Marketplace, so it seems to be something publishers are trying.

God dammit, the hard disk is too small for all this... <_<
[/b]
I wonder what the odds are this gets released to co-incide with the release of the new 120Gb hard drive?

I dont want a shitty looking black 360 , any news on a bigger harddrive for the white console?

I dont want a shitty looking black 360 , any news on a bigger harddrive for the white console?
[/b]
I wouldnt worry. The hard drive is being released a seperate add-on for those who already have a 360, complete with a transfer cable so you can copy all your stuff from your old drive. I'd expect it to be out around the same time as the Elite.

Found this

Lara Croft: The Early Years revisited, chapter and verse

A great deal has happened in the ten years or so since Lara Croft took her first groundbreaking steps into the limelight with Tomb Raider â€" thirty two million copies sold, two generations of hardware, the graphical quantum leaps they’ve delivered and a good few sequels for starters. So it’s time the old girl’s earliest outing was reappraised, don’t you think?

And that’s just what Tomb Raider: Anniversary offers, and in a number of thoroughly compelling ways. Firstly fans of the original Tomb Raider will recognise plenty here, but they’ll be totally blown away by the way the game’s been re-imagined using the graphics engine that powers the excellent Tomb Raider: Legend. Backgrounds are moodier and more detailed, the action’s smoother and Ms. Croft herself has never looked so, well, svelte. Woof! Ahem…

TombRaiderAnniversary1_1.jpg

Anniversary’s gameplay has been given a hefty tweak too â€" we’re talking extra puzzles, expanded gameplay environments, dazzling acrobatics and a brand new move called the ‘adrenaline dodge’ whereby Lara can target a rampaging foe in slow-motion â€" Matrix-style â€" and even score a kill with a single bullet. Highly dramatic stuff!

A full retail release is planned for later in the year but if you’ve already got Tomb Raider: Legend in your collection (if not, why not?) you can download Anniversary in four distinct and highly-digestible episodes, delivered as 2 “packs†of 2 episodes eachâ€" that’s a first For Xbox Live Marketplace. Honestly, it’s hard to be humble sometimes...

Must admit I never completed the original Tomb Raider, so I don't know about them, but I wonder if the old rumours of unlocking the naked Lara by tapping the "B" button to the tune of "Wannabe" by the Spice Girls start up again 10 years on! :lol:

tombraider.jpg

:lol2tn:

I still would... :ph34r:

I wonder if the old rumours of unlocking the naked Lara by tapping the "B" button to the tune of "Wannabe" by the Spice Girls start up again 10 years on! :lol:[/b]
I do believe you've just uncovered the real reason why the Spice Girls have got back together...

<div class='quotemain'>I wonder if the old rumours of unlocking the naked Lara by tapping the "B" button to the tune of "Wannabe" by the Spice Girls start up again 10 years on! :lol: [/b]
I do believe you've just uncovered the real reason why the Spice Girls have got back together... [/b][/quote] Lara's breasts seem as real as Posh's breasts in mite pic.

Latest posts