• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Is Will Greenwood the greatest commentator ever?

Is Big Will the greatest?

• More than likely

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes. Yes he is

• Commentating God. Nuff Said.

• Total voters
commenting god, nuff said

"what we want to do here is put in a nice and solid kick in, instead we're gonna slice it into touch"

It was something like that :D

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
McLaren had an interesting turn of phrase, but he understood so little of the modern game. Nice enough to listen to but never helped your understanding of what was going on.
[/b]

So what? Thats where Greenwood comes in. If McLaren hasn't got an understanding of the modern game then Butler hasn't got a clue, period. Besides, look at all the old rugby commentators, did any of them go into minute detail about the game? No, they just relayed what they saw to the viewer in beautiful prose, the guy commentating the greatest try ever in the Barbarians vs All Blacks game in the 1970s as a case in point.

McLaren to provide the amazing dialouge aided by a knowledgable and affable Greenwood.
[/b][/quote]

Wouldn't suit me, i just never liked listening to McLaren, regardless of who he was comentating with.

[/b][/quote]It shows somewhat that you didn't like listening to him, otherwise you'd know he always commentated alone! :p

But seriously, how could you not like Bill McLarens analogies? Hell, it was him who coined the phrase "Boiler Room" for the second row!

Greenwood = The Mac Daddy of commentry!!!

He became my absolute hero as a player after his 6 (post Leicester) years at Quins and now he's entering the land of the commentry gods as well.

On top of that, he's one of the nicest guys I've ever met.

:bana: :bana: :bana: :bana: :bana:

What has Stoneyhurst got to do with an Ireland match? Bloody catholics, all those great English rugby players.

Will didn't have that brilliant a game today for the wales-japan match.
Although he did get kudos from me for cheering on Wales.

he's the only decent commentator itv have for the world cup, I wouldn't say he's the best by a long shot

Great player but sadly a rubbish commentator, I'm guessing he's been instructed to sensationalise everything in his commentary by ITV, ala Barnes/Harrison.

Give me Beaumont/McLaren any day. Or Murray Mexted (spelling.... :p), legend.

You ARE kidding, aren't you?

If you're not kidding i know that what you have to say is totally invalid because you said Murray Mexted was a good commentator. So we've nothing to worry about here.

Oh, by the way...never post here again.
Ever.

thanks for the info champ, sorry to hear about your country's exit from the world cup by the way.

Take all posts with a pinch of salt, my saxon companion!

But don't insult Will's commentating again, you hear?

thanks for the info champ, sorry to hear about your country's exit from the world cup by the way. [/b]

Wow what a great comeback! :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

Anyway I like Mexted when he commentates with his Super 14 buddies! Alone he is nothing!

Like the way he got told off tonight by his fellow commentator for 'gloating' telling the joke about what do you call the 7th, 8th place play-off.

Like the way he got told off tonight by his fellow commentator for 'gloating' telling the joke about what do you call the 7th, 8th place play-off. [/b]

That was fantastic! :lol:

again showed what a laugh he is as a comentator just with that 7 and 8th playoff joke

I forgot that England weren't actually playing tonight with all his creaming over them. I actually liked him at the start of the tournament, after tonight I hope I never hear his voice again or I just might blow my brains out! Spoiled the f***ing game for sure!

i think he is unfair at points (especially to us south africans!) but he is a very good commentator.

I find Mexted funny as hell. Kearns is a good laugh aswell.
But the best commentator ever is Keith Quinn.
"Lomu...oh oh..."

<div class='quotemain'> thanks for the info champ, sorry to hear about your country's exit from the world cup by the way. [/b]

Wow what a great comeback! :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

Anyway I like Mexted when he commentates with his Super 14 buddies! Alone he is nothing!
[/b][/quote]

Yes, Mexted is a commentating god. Some of the crude remarks he unknowingly makes will often leave you in tears.

Latest posts