• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Is Willemse good enough?

A converted All Black supporter? Who did you support before Blackbird? Im just curious [/b]

I have always been a Bok supporter, but since the quota system was forced into place in South African sports I simply cannot support a system that brings down all the respect and love for sport and the way it should be played .Any side that's playing sport with political strings attached should not compete internationally.How can a side go onto the field (This is cricket,rugby,hockey,netabll) and play sport when they know that they are not plaing their best side due to political restrictions.It's a pitty as South Africa does have talent like Habana,Paulse,Floors etc and players like that deserves a place in any side but the second you start to select a side by means of a formula you are losing all respect for the game,supporters etc.I love All Black rugby and all rugby that's played in the right spirit but the way things are moving in South Africa I simply cannot support sport in this country as it's a cry towards sports that's being ruined by politics. :bravo:

<div class='quotemain'> A converted All Black supporter? Who did you support before Blackbird? Im just curious [/b]

I have always been a Bok supporter, but since the quota system was forced into place in South African sports I simply cannot support a system that brings down all the respect and love for sport and the way it should be played .Any side that's playing sport with political strings attached should not compete internationally.How can a side go onto the field (This is cricket,rugby,hockey,netabll) and play sport when they know that they are not plaing their best side due to political restrictions.It's a pitty as South Africa does have talent like Habana,Paulse,Floors etc and players like that deserves a place in any side but the second you start to select a side by means of a formula you are losing all respect for the game,supporters etc.I love All Black rugby and all rugby that's played in the right spirit but the way things are moving in South Africa I simply cannot support sport in this country as it's a cry towards sports that's being ruined by politics. :bravo:
[/b][/quote]

I feel the same way but i'll continue to support the boks all through out the wc think we've got a good team and there's not many (if any) quota players pushed into the squad, debatable Willemse has always been favoured by Jake, if this quota thing goes bigger after the wc then im out as well, im not supporting team which is couler selected by the goverment. And if i was in opposition team i would refuse to play against such a team.

I wouldn't have picked him. I don't want to jump on the 'Quota System' bandwagon but he's certainly making up numbers in the Bok team. I'm not sure I would have dropped Brent Russell or Breyton Paulse. I would have taken Odwa Ndungane or the other two rather than Willemse.

Latest posts