• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Isa Nacewa

I think he'll change his tune for the 2011WC in NZ. It'll be in his face so it'll be impossible to ignore the spectacle. Plus the NPC won't be running at the same time, so he'll have no rugby to distract him.

So if the IRB knock back his application again, like they no doubt will, then he'll eventually give up and play for Fiji.

He had a great game for Auckland on the weekend too.

I'd rather have Nacewa at 2nd 5/8 at the moment a. Donald, Toeava and Brett haven't seen much time at the top level there. Not to say they wouldn't be better, or that Nacewa wouldn't be awesome at 15. NZ will need a replacement FB for L.McDonald soon, but will need a replacement 2nd5/8 in about 4weeks...

ive been wanting to see a system put in place where you can represent one tier 1 nation(NZ,AUS,SA,ENG,FRA,IRE,WAL,SCO,ITA & ARG) and one 2nd tier nation(the rest)... but you have to qualify for both either via a 5 year residency period or grand parental rule.

but... the catch would be that once you represent a tier 2 nation you cant go to a tier 1 nation. so effectively it would only be for ex tier 1 players who qualify to play for a minnow nation. that way the islands would be able to have the likes of blowers and mika whilst we wont get back to the farcical situation where tier 2 interntionals impress and play for the big boys.

its probably unfair to the tier 1 nations but who cares.... there big enough and ugly enough to look after themselves...

you could even define some more and say you can only switch between tiers if you played less than 15 tests. that way your only getting those players that the big sides pick for one season and then they never make it again.

I think that players should only be allowed to represent one country at international level. It is an honour and a privilege to play for the one country that you swear your allegiance to, but in saying that, you have all these talented players from all the so called minor rugby nations playing professional rugby in foreign countries around the world. The opportunity to play for the major rugby playing nations and have scheduled test matches against quality opposition, plus the facilities and coaching that are available, increase your value at club/franchise level.

Well the ball is now on Nacewa's hands (pun not intended).

There is every likelihood that current Fiji coach Ilie Tabua will be retained to take the team to 2011. The head honchos of Fiji Rugby are all pleased with his results given the short time-frame he was given (6-months) for this RWC.

Tabua is on record saying that he wont waste his time & resources going after players. If they want to represent Fiji, the players themselves have to find the time to come. He has said that he wouldnt do what previous coaches (Pivac, MacKillion, etc) have done by flying all over the world in trying to secure players.

So if Nacewa wants to play for Fiji again, all he has to do is pick up the phone and call Fiji Rugby and let his intentions known.

Otherwise, Tabua is pretty content in developing local younger players for the future.....and he has already done that by taking 22-year old Waisea Luveniyali to France. Waisea only played in one game in the RWC against Australia....and that was enough for Tabua.

I actually think there is a rule where you can play for a "minnow" team such as Croatia and still play for a Tier 1 team... Someone will have to help me here though :p

I actually think there is a rule where you can play for a "minnow" team such as Croatia and still play for a Tier 1 team... Someone will have to help me here though :p [/b]

There is NO such rule.

ISA NACEWA IS DA BOMB Y'ALL!!! they shud let him play for the AB's he deserves a shot the way his been performin this yr he is a freak! who else in world rugby can play 10,11,12,13,14 n 15 jus as well in each as he can...all the best vs the lions....go auckland!

Yeah I dont understand why NZRU wont allow him to play for the all blacks, he only played for fiji for like 2 minutes

Wouldn't matter if he'd played for them for only 2 seconds, once you've played for a national side, you're stuck with them.