• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Italy v Wales

Big oppurtunity for Jonathan Thomas because Ryan Jones has been rather anonymous since the Grand Slam... Also, a chance for Powell to start playing with the zest he had in the Autumn because atm I'm thinking Simon Taylor is a better player.

I thought Jones was superb in the first half in Paris, barely had any ball in the second half by which stage they did Gatland had already subbed him, so to say Hook deserves a chance is wide of the mark in my opinion, I think Peel is a class act and I'd pick him every time ahead of Phillips. I'm surprised to see Ryan Jones being rested, it's one things making mountains of changes but why rest your captain, surely he should be the one constant and it's not like he needs the rest having already missed the Scottish match. I think it's an unnecessary risk to take, if there was 1 week between the games then maybe it'd be understandable but this just doesn't make sense to me, of course it'll be heralded as genius should Wales go on and win the championship.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Logorrhea @ Mar 5 2009, 04:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
cough cough complacency cough cough[/b]
Well Ireland destroyed them with ease without even breaking a sweat, and let's face it, our seconds are light years ahead of your bunch.

It would be nice to see Wales score some tries as they have had great difficulty against the proper sides. What if Italy stop Roberts and Powell, could be a win for the Azzuri?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (danny @ Mar 5 2009, 05:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
It would be nice to see Wales score some tries as they have had great difficulty against the proper sides. What if Italy stop Roberts and Powell, could be a win for the Azzuri?[/b]

no more likely to be a less significant win for the Welsh in that event, doubtful though that it'll happen.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (danny @ Mar 5 2009, 04:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
It would be nice to see Wales score some tries as they have had great difficulty against the proper sides. What if Italy stop Roberts and Powell, could be a win for the Azzuri?[/b]
Because England are a proper side.
And I thought my attempt was bad. :rolleyes:

Gatland will have roasted their ******** after the French game, and if they don't win by 30+ none of them will see their families ever again.

As mentioned above I think its risky. We didn't lose badly in France, we need to put 20+ points on them and hope ireland slip up. Im hoping this isnt a nail in a rather large coffin.

To be honest though, out wide is still far to strong for the Italians. I do worry about the amount of weight we've lost in the pack against a rather large set of italian forwards.

Im looking forward to seeing John Yapp play, he's always been fantastic, just a bit unlucky being behind Gethin. Still going for a Wales win, but I really cant see how this ones going to unfold...

I don't see how we're in any sort of 'coffin'. One loss against a great French performance isn't a bad thing. Shane and Martyn Williams aside, we're building a squad for the WC aren't we? Best let the other guys have a chance (even Henson...) to prove themselves since we have to humiliate Ireland the best we can when their Grand Slam hopes go down the drain again in Cardiff.

Speedy, what's with the digs towards Ireland on this thread, warming up for the Wales-Ireland thread are you?

Maybe that's it. Probably a combination of things.
Any who, what's important is we're going to lose this match and therefore all my digs would have been in vain...

Points difference is going to come down to it in Ireland. So Italy need to be smashed, so we can concentrate on Ireland. Interesting selection, seems like Gatlands going to attack by selecting Peel and Hook. Halfpenny would of been the better option to Mark Jones though.

just reaed on rugbyrama that Dwayne Peel could be ruled out after he picked up a hamstring injury in Sale's match with Newcastle.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Mar 6 2009, 04:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Maybe that's it. Probably a combination of things.
Any who, what's important is we're going to lose this match and therefore all my digs would have been in vain...[/b]

Ha ha ha ha ha. Ha.

I think two matches with England have proved that reverse psychology isn't going to work :lol:

Latest posts