• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Italy

When I went to Viadana in 2008 and saw the place first hand, at that time it was a bit of a building site with a new large south stand and physio center being built. I think its safe to say the 5,000 figure capacity of Aironi's ground at Viadana is way out of date more 7-8,000 now with a third of the ground yet to be developed. They have enough land there to fit 17,000 in there if they wanted. Fans were out in force as well and the welcome was very well organised and brilliant. Really enjoyed the place and their fans and I think a fair few Irish and Welshmen will be surprised too!

Main problem for the town is transport as nothing goes near there and I mean nothing. We had to rent a coach in the end to take us from Parma to Viadana but boy was it worth it!
the Stadium Zaffanella: they are actually working on it and the job will be done in time for the beginning of the season. The capacity will be 6000, the main stand will be enlarged and seats will get until the ground level, Tribuna Est capacity will be doubled, old dressing rooms will be closed and new ones are being built under the Tribuna Montepaschi, new hospitality area, new parking, the Stadium should be much more confortable

transport facilities: I know they are working on it, on game days they should guarantee transports from/to Parma and form/to Mantova, dunno the details though

So I was right when I said earlier that it isn't a bad idea to learn Italian.

It's never a bad idea to learn a new language...:D If not for the rugby, do it for the ladies :D:D

Last edited:
True, but first on the agenda is to get my French to a higher level.