• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

It's Christmaaaaaaaaaas!

Usual Christmas ritual for me. 12 pubs of Christmas on Christmas Eve, massive dinner the next day then off to the grandparents for another one on Stephen's day. Oh, but this year I'm only bloody getting a CASIO DG-20!!!!!! Awesome.

do the irish never call it boxing day, or is that just us?

It's effectively the same thing behind the 2 names; "Boxes" were left outside churches (etc.) after Christmas to collect money for the needy on behalf of "St. Stephen".

The only difference is the commonwealth nations (and most of America) refer to it by the English slang while the Irish don't.

My village's church/primary school is St Stephens, so we call it that too

A nice drive from Limerick to Leinster Xmas morning for dinner with the family in Offaly. Have the turkey ham spuds gravy and Yorkshire pudding. Then watch bit of tv and sleep off dinner or help 2 year old nephew build Lego. Then will travel back to limerick that night as have to travel to Galway on stephens day for Connacht game at 5. Then en route home from Galway I hope there is plenty of slabs to be drank

Ma's Christmas gravy is what I'm looking forward to! She always adds half a bottle of wine to it, it's stonkinonkin trust me!!

No Olyy I not that bad :) sister lives there so we all going up I proud Clare man now in Limerick :) but isn't saying if you not from Dublin u not Leinster :D. Feic and co will be on now ha been proud Wicklow lad he I ha

I just get the impression from his posts that munstermuffin is just loving life and doesn't give a ****!! :p

I'm working Christmas Eve, Day and St Stephens Day. Three years of travelling has left me in a lot of Debt. :)

Home in two weeks! drinking the **** out of it till xmas eve. Fall in the door of the church for mass. then climbing a mountain on xmas day, great way to work up the appetite for the gluttony! then session on on Steven's day and back to Bedford for the 28th where punishing amounts of study awaits.

No Ginger in Ireland it is called St Stephens day. Boxing Day is only called that in 6 counties up in north.

No Olyy I not that bad :) sister lives there so we all going up I proud Clare man now in Limerick :) but isn't saying if you not from Dublin u not Leinster :D. Feic and co will be on now ha been proud Wicklow lad he I ha

Too right. Myself, Shane Byrne, Reggie Corrigan, Leo Cullen, Bernard Jackman and Luke Fitzgerald. The making of a bloody awful sevens day

None of mine is. What's the Esso down the road for if not a quick shopping spree on the 24th?

Latest posts