• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

It's Christmaaaaaaaaaas!

Saints1

Straight Edge
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
St Helens
Every year I start the same thread and every year we get the most amazing and varied answers.

What are you doing for Christmas this year? Where do you go on Christmas day? Etc.

Christmas day: With the Girlfriends family. She's getting ****** while I'm driving.
Boxing Day: Going to Gloucester for the Saints match. I'm getting ****** while she's paying!

:D

how it usually goes, christmas eve grandma comes round for a goose eat that with her, make her a few flaming sambucas and then she heads off to mass.

christmas day it's off to family in the west midlands, same old story of getting ****** up, drinking every last bottle of anything in the house, starting with beer and ending with liqueurs, then falling asleep in front of (insert contemporary comedian's name here) dvd at some time in the small hours.

I'll be with the folks. For the last few years, it's been some what of a farse. Relative we see one or twice a year come around, with no one really wanting to be there except a few people. Being 18, I have a twin sister, a 16 year old brother, and a cousin who is 19. The next closest relative is almost 30. However this year I'm actually looking forward to Christmas a bit, as I have two new second cousins and one new cousin who have all been born in the last 2-3 months. I'm certain Christmas will be lost on them, but it at least makes it a bit more exciting when you're giving a present that isn't lavender soap to Aunty Linda or a Phillip's Screw Driver Set to Uncle Norman...

On top of the I hate roast meals...

However, that's not to say the x-mas spirit is not lost on me through the build up, and I am certainly preapearing a very happy New Year.

After years of tyranny I have sucessfully persuaded the powers that be (ie the Old Folks) to disperse with Turkey and we shall be having Goose. As for whats happening I have not a blinking clue. I never do.

There has been something of a shift towards goose over recent years. Not in my house though, we have turkey and pork.

There has been something of a shift towards goose over recent years. Not in my house though, we have turkey and pork.

I don't think I've ever had goose, and the last time I had roast turkey was probably 5-6 years ago. It's always a roast pork, lamb or chicken.

Christmas eve, going to church with the famo and my girlfriend will be preparing a typical meal from her country ( most likely fish) + exchanging gifts :)

Christmas day: family gathering at my grandparents place and enjoy some fine dining .

I detest Turkey. It's tasteless, bland, dry, horrible yuck.

We have something different every year.
Last year we had venison and pheasant. ( divorced parents = twice a X-mas and New Years meal)
The turkey my granny makes is simply delicious

Now I'm hoping for something light.

Christmas eve: Church with family followed by the pub with friends. But only for one or 2 pints this year. I've learnt my lesson... Christmas day was a harrowing experience last year.

Christmas day: Presents, Full Irish, Bucks fizz, Big family do, Finger food, Beer, Mulled wine, Mince pies, Cadbury's roses, The Queen's speech, Home, Dinner with family friends, The Royle Family, Whatever films on RTE, Bed

Stephens Day: Leopardstown races

very much looking forward to it

Having the Grandparents over from France soon they will be staying for 4 weeks or that . during that timeframe we will be subject to at least 8 hours of challenge tv a day ,what with my grandmother being addicted to gameshows...catchphrase and who wants to be a millionaire

My grandfathers and alcoholic and its his first year dry , I dont know how he will manage :p Most likely will be golfing with him most days snow permitting

Any other time will be spent with the girlfriend , or eye ******* the **** out of my car that I cant drive without parental subervision till february GAAAHHH!!!

Christmas eve will be spent having a few drinks and playing rugby 05 and watching a dvd

christmas day have my Irish granny over and my aunt and uncle begin drinking at 11...big dinner where I refuse to eat Turkey..vile stuff . Salted ham being the order of the day yorkshire puddings !! roast potatoes and fisished off with flaming pudding.

Christmas Day: Going to my parents house. Brother is over from New York.
Stephen's's's's's's's's's's's's's's's's's's Day: Wake up hungover. Drive home. Bring the dog for a walk. Go to the pub. Head to a friend's house for some NFL action.
Next day: Wake up at 1pm. Panic because I've to get from my home to Belfast in time for a 4pm kickoff. Freeze my balls off in Ravenhill.

I detest Turkey. It's tasteless, bland, dry, horrible yuck.

not nearly as nice as goose, the original xmas tradition.

Plus, I've already had a turkey this year cos my american friend did thanksgiving a week or so ago.

Last year I think we had goose, although this time around it's the GFs sister who's catering so no bugger will tell me! *pleasebegoosepleasebegoosepleasebegoose*

Down the years though we've done Turkey, Ham, Beef, Duck & Goose. An xmas dinner is just a normal sunday dinner with portions big enough to feed the 5000 after all.

We always have Turkey and Ham for Christmas dinner. The Stephen's day sambo is a highlight of the holidays every year.

I am having 2 Christmas Dinners this year (on the same day)

We are having Christmas at home in the morning, then going to my parents for lunch and then my GF's Mum's for Dinner...

Have just finished all my Christmas shopping, all the decorations are up, Cards are written... Think I am sorted all in all

Charlie, you don't need to try and imitate the Vicar of Dibley you know!

Latest posts