It’s going to hurt for awhile - Ireland 2024

Leonormous Boozer

Fat Boi
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
Coming up to the Euro games, not much to say until then but I think the following players are probably worth an apprentice spot in upcoming Ireland squads at the very least barring a turn for the worse.

Edogbo, Ahern, Flannery, Prendergast. Possibly Boyle too. Probably one or two of the lads who went well out West too.

Osbourne needs to be in the 23, probably as 23, he's been better than N'gatai this year who has been excellent himself and Henshaw looks miles off the pace.

Antoine Frisch has to be looked at. Is the closest 13 we have to Ringrose by a distance. John Hodnett making a great case too for squads.
10 - I think will be interesting to se who joins Crowley and I think Tiss Byrne may miss out.
I think McCann in Ulster is having great season too

Is the ***le a reference to how Ireland will perform? If so, you're safe. Even if Ireland do have a little rebuild, England and Wales are such a mess that you don't have to worry about them. Scotland as well still don't look consistent enough to challenge properly and Italy still aren't there yet. I only see the 6Ns as a battle between France and Ireland and they are now missing Dupont.

Antoine Frisch has to be looked at. Is the closest 13 we have to Ringrose by a distance. John Hodnett making a great case too for squads.
10 - I think will be interesting to se who joins Crowley and I think Tiss Byrne may miss out.
I think McCann in Ulster is having great season too
Agreed. Need a 13 in my that squad begins Ringer. And it doesn't look like Robbie will be around anything close to 4 years, Osbourne is the best young back in Europe but definitely has his future at 12.

It won't happen but Id be happy for us to discard Ross and go all in in developing Crowley, Prendergast and Jake Flannery who I've been very impressed by.

Is the ***le a reference to how Ireland will perform? If so, you're safe. Even if Ireland do have a little rebuild, England and Wales are such a mess that you don't have to worry about them. Scotland as well still don't look consistent enough to challenge properly and Italy still aren't there yet. I only see the 6Ns as a battle between France and Ireland and they are now missing Dupont.
I dont expect to go to Twickenham without Johnny and win to be honest. There's only one game next year that I think matters for us, NZ in Dublin, we owe them a ******* ton and we need to beat them without Johnny too.

Ahern looks different gravy this season. Fairly freakish athlete and he's done well at back row as well as second row. His first try yesterday was ridiculous

If France can perform without Donte and DuPont they have scary depth, the only two positions I can think of that they don't have more than capable replacements for.

I think we can safely say Harry Byrne won't nor shouldn't be in the conversation anymore. He is 4th probably in the pecking order for Leinster alone.

Is it beyond possible that JJ Hanrahan would be considered for squad based on his start to season

I think we can safely say Harry Byrne won't nor shouldn't be in the conversation anymore. He is 4th probably in the pecking order for Leinster alone.

Is it beyond possible that JJ Hanrahan would be considered for squad based on his start to season
Harry's had a good start to the season. Easily second choice for us after Ross.

JJ won't be near an Irish squad.

Harry's had a good start to the season. Easily second choice for us after Ross.

JJ won't be near an Irish squad.
I don't think he is good enough at moment but will be fair in saying noone in Leinster seems to be getting a run of games at 10 which may be detrimental in a way. And not just based on form but I thought Frawley is annointed as the 2nd choice 10 and Prendergast is the special guy out of them all I think. He is a talent.

JJ is in super form to be fair but agree it would be going against Farrells usual process.

I do think centre is big call. Bundee will be there on RWC form. Ringrose has had very mixed return to Leinster and Henshaw has been terrible since back. Frisch is in great form since he arrived and other centres have performed much better than Henshaw too. It a case of do you puck him and hope he delivers or go with form

Farrell kept on until 2027. No complaints, has only fallen short once since that pivotal win v England in 2021, unfortunately it was a the time which hurt the most by some distance but that's show business.

Neinaber to win four consecutive doubles and then take over Farrell's World Cup winning team. With standards as low as that I can't be disappointed.

Hansen and Jimmy out of the 6n and Lowe still nowhere to be seen.

Nash, Stockdale and Osborne cover the wing positions with maybe Tommy O'Brien, Daly and Balacoune fighting for one last spot. Frawley, Addison and Zebo the 15 options? Maybe Haley but I don't know if he's fit, nothing good for this level regardless of who it is.

A Keenan injury away from essentially being down to a second and third choice on the wings and a fourth choice 15 isn't ideal. Especially because we reach it with 4 injuries in total.

Outside of this 10 will likely get the most attention. If we go the traditional route Crowley and Ross are nailed on 10 and 22 I think, I'd bring Prendergast in an apprentice role also. If bringing a third choice I think HB is the only option and not a great one at that, Burns and Carty aren't the right age profile and proven not to be good enough too.
I'd actually consider going for a 6/2 split with Frawley on the bench, Henshaw isn't playing well enough to be a massive impact off the bench having as many of Ryan, Beirne, Henderson, Baird, McCarthy, POM, VDF, Conan and Doris in the 23 as possible should be the focus. Even Ahern probably offers more off the bench than Henshaw in current form.

Props will be interesting, after Porter, Furlong and Bealham it's really about identifying who can hang at international level and club form isn't always a perfect indicator here.

The rest is settled, unfortunate that Osborne has been out so long though because he'd have been trying to grab that 23 jersey.

When does Henshaw not show up internationally, always looked quality when I've seen him, even when it's coming back off the back of injury.

When does Henshaw not show up internationally, always looked quality when I've seen him, even when it's coming back off the back of injury.

Same with Leinster though, he's never been bad before! Although I don't think he was himself at the WC either but by no means poor.

Hopefully a run of games will get him back because I think at his best he's even better than Bundee was at the WC but he's miles off it right now. Definitely at risk of fighting for the jersey.

Same with Leinster though, he's never been bad before! Although I don't think he was himself at the WC either but by no means poor.

Hopefully a run of games will get him back because I think at his best he's even better than Bundee was at the WC but he's miles off it right now. Definitely at risk of fighting for the jersey.
Tbf I haven't actually seen him recently, just always worried me when he's on the Ireland team sheet against England, just genuine quality even when he's not been at his absolute best it's still class.

Latest posts