• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

I've become friends

peter83, just sent you a PM.
Had to change the Sunwolves to Team ID 104 (from 103) - so that you can use North All Stars kits and logos
Replaced London Irish with Bristol (team id 40)
Kings replace Junior All Blacks (team id 26)
Hopefully the kits are all there to replace.

Looks great. You should try the reshade in game.

In his table where he put the teams I added and by which I will replace you to replace bristol by exeter chief

yeah because @peter83 he never had files for london irish and they're not in the premiership while bristol are so we just replaced them

and i will give the reshade a go and publish it on rugby 08 and see if it works, its just that i have 2 pc's at home and the one im using now doesn't have rugby 08 but i will go onto my other one and see if i can use it to work on rugby 08. Don't know if i can get it exactly the same as on the preview but i'll give it a good shot.

- - - Updated - - -

+ does anyone has a file for me to get a custom screen resolution, would help make this shader well worth its time :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Please don't rush this out guys. Make sure u do basics like make new billboards, menus, loading screens, pitch logos etc...

95% Complete @donisaman1. Just the roster and some kits left.

Last edited by a moderator:
I already replace the logos, wipes, banners, new backgrounds, and new stadium assignments for new teams

I already replace the logos, wipes, banners, new backgrounds, and new stadium assignments for new teams

That's good to hear. I had to buy Rugby 08 again from EBay cause I don't have it anymore. Bought it just for this new TRF17 patch. Looking forward to it. Thanks for your hard work

Does the patch contains new rugby balls? Like in MJC Studios patch he made HD balls for rugby 08.

Just an update on my little project i had going on with the reshade.

I don't know how but it won't load up, and the games has mod files too but they even stopped showing up in the game. I don't know if i need a stronger pc for it to work but i'll have a look at problems online to see if i missed something very important out.

- - - Updated - - -

and i have found out i need an nvidia graphics card for this to work, fortunately the pc im using now has it but doesn't have rugby 08 installed, if i can find my disc i'll give this another go on here and see if i can load it.

Friend I started this new patch as a hobbie, long ago I stopped making kits, I was practically retired, but with the desire of you I was able to finish with all the kits and I was able to add the new equipment that appeared in these last times, perhaps this patch Is not perfect and has some defects but is the closest to the current, only missing details to be able to launch it and maybe then we can make updates

Have guys fix the problem with roster yet? How close is it to be launched?

Friend I started this new patch as a hobbie, long ago I stopped making kits, I was practically retired, but with the desire of you I was able to finish with all the kits and I was able to add the new equipment that appeared in these last times, perhaps this patch Is not perfect and has some defects but is the closest to the current, only missing details to be able to launch it and maybe then we can make updates

no rush bro, i'm too looking forward to playing this, I would have helped out with this but I dont even own Rugby 08 anymore, i bought it again off eBay yesterday. Keep up the good work

With the roster, I am having difficulty with team kits and logos not updating. I created my own be29 list and thought that by replacing the original teams kits..it would be a matter of a straight swap.
I then got the kits from peter83 and modified the roster to suit his list (from the TRF10 patch).
Some of the teams (assigned to barbarians and a few of the all star teams) kits are not replacing.
I have checked the relevant file and it is indeed inside the main folder with the updated logos and kits, however it keeps reverting to the wrong
kit.
I am still looking into this and think it may be one of two things;
I could have too many teams in the roster, or too many teams assigned to the same FeGroup.
Stumped, but working towards a solution.

Can't you delete the data.gob file that is in the data folder? Or just put it into a other folder on your pc. Because the data.gob file contains the originals files.

If you delete it maybe the kits will not be replaced by the original one.

OK, will try that and see if it works.
Nope, it crashed at the Rugby 08 logo.
Will have another crack after work tomorrow.
I am using Win 10 x64 by the way. Might be an administrator or priviledge issue.

Last edited:

Latest posts