• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Izzy Folau

In a more general sense, the tide is definitely turning against Christian (and other religious) based discrimination. Historically, these beliefs have been used to justify a lot of pretty bad behavior, and its no longer allowed to fly. You can still hold the opinion but don't expect the general public to respect it.
Your first sentence of this paragraph is what I don't like and I think you're right in that, this is what's happening. Christian beliefs are the core principals of the main laws we have today (e.g. do not murder, commit theft etc..) and we should never forget that. Folaus post wasn't directed only at homosexuals. It also mentioned cheaters, thieves and drunks.

You say in your second sentence that "Historically, these beliefs have been used to justify a lot of pretty bad behavior", could you please tell me what all this bad behaviour has been justified by christian beliefs as I'm honestly not sure what they are. I'm not interested in the ones that man made up and said it was the way of the bible. I want to know actual going ons that align with the bible.

Apart from that, I liked the way you wrote your post about what I already knew about Izzy and his contract.

Last edited:
Do you think racists should stand up for what they believe in?
In free speech - yes. I've seen racism on this forum lol. And people get away with it too lol.

Like I said before - I believe in free speech. It does not mean I side with everyone that speaks out. Even Martin Luther King would say yes to your question after all, he wanted equality.

Jesus had compassion. Not many here have that. Well obviously I do if you read my posts *ahem*. Like I said before - it's a tricky one.

or Paedophiles?
They are actually predators. It's like allowing aliens from another planet to convince us to let them rule us.

Point being is - you should never ever tell anyone to stand up for what they believe in from this day on. Even your own kids. Obviously I can because I believe in free speech. Free speech ended slavery in America. Free speech helped gays with their acceptance in todays world. Like I said - it's tricky.

They are actually predators. It's like allowing aliens from another planet to convince us to let them rule us.

Point being is - you should never ever tell anyone to stand up for what they believe in from this day on. Even your own kids. Obviously I can because I believe in free speech. Free speech ended slavery in America. Free speech helped gays with their acceptance in todays world. Like I said - it's tricky.

There is no such thing as free speech (yes, it doesn't cost you anything to open your mouth and say something). Everyone has the Freedom of Speech. Meaning that you have the freedom to say something, and won't be censored. But what you say can still be rendered hate speech, racist, homophobic, evil, etc. And there are laws and courts that can rule on what you say. And you will be judged after you say something.

There is no such thing as free speech (yes, it doesn't cost you anything to open your mouth and say something). Everyone has the Freedom of Speech.
Just so you know, when people say free speech, they mean freedom of speech.

Spilt milk.

.....Christian beliefs are the core principals of the main laws we have today (e.g. do not murder, commit theft etc..) and we should never forget that. .

Utter rubbish!

Muslims, Hindus, Jews & Buddhists have core principles in laws that forbid murder, theft etc. Are their laws based in Christianity?

Utter rubbish!

Muslims, Hindus, Jews & Buddhists have core principles in laws that forbid murder, theft etc. Are their laws based in Christianity?
When you go to court OF LAW, what BOOK do you put your hand on to swear oath? come on show me your intelligence. Is it the Quran?

"That will be all judge LOL".

aussie rules is much bigger than union or league in Aus, they regularly get 50k+ to mid season mid table games

in saying that, he'll never play AFL either, they are famously LGBTQI+ inclusive, have a whole round dedicated to the community with special jerseys and everything

I can't remeber if this has been posted here on not

View attachment 7180

We now have folks invoking Goodwin's Law SMH

Folau actions whilst not nice don't sniff the same level of Intolerance as anything that would worthy of being in the image

Moreover you can use Propper's Theory to CENSOR almost anything in the name of fighting "Intolerance" & "Hate Speech"

US has it right with the 1st Amendment

Almost anything is acceptable speech except for direct incitement to violence

Do you think racists should stand up for what they believe in?

Yes they should

Moreover the definition of "Racist" has become steadily more diluted and applicable to views I disagree with far too often

as I "don't like them"........

As well as a tactic to limit discussion on sensitive issues e.g. Immigration and Islam to give two prominent examples

WTF? wheres this come from??!!
also remember that there many many more PI's who arent bigots and dont think that gays should burn. many PI's who go to church and dont look down on a minority solely because they're different.
as i told my youngest when he asked why are people gay?
i told him "you like peanut butter, your brother likes jam. its the same thing"

my almighty living loving god doesnt condemn people just because they like jam or peanut butter

Your premise is built on the case that Folau is a bigot which I disagree with

Folau is merely conveying his sincerely held belief that those who sin & don't repent are hell bound

The list just happened to include Gays Big Deal.........

ALL Abrahamic Religions condemn Homosexuality BUT maintain Love the Sinner but Hate the Sin mantra for the most part

You can mention Fa'fanine all you want - mostly Samoan custom & lets not forget Samoans arse still very religious

The players retracting their likes and giving out statements were just being savvy PC TWITTER Mob had their sight on them next

We can pretend these issues don't exist but Western Liberal Norms and Values on the Homo issue is NOT a standard belief across vast parts of the world

and we would do ourselves a big favour if we just accepted that and shows some true diversity on the issue :p:p:p

There is no such thing as free speech (yes, it doesn't cost you anything to open your mouth and say something). Everyone has the Freedom of Speech. Meaning that you have the freedom to say something, and won't be censored. But what you say can still be rendered hate speech, racist, homophobic, evil, etc. And there are laws and courts that can rule on what you say. And you will be judged after you say something.

TRF as someone who has legal background

Can you PLEASE show nations that have a codified legal definition of "Hate Speech" in their Constitution/Acts of Parliaments etc

It just seem a blanket term for speech that an Individual finds obnoxious & offensive but we both know that is a very subjective

When you go to court OF LAW, what BOOK do you put your hand on to swear oath? come on show me your intelligence. Is it the Quran?

"That will be all judge LOL".

You are a special kind of stupid aren't you. If you aren't christian, then you can actually ask the courts to provide you with any religious material you wish. And if you are an atheist, you don't have to put your hand on any religious book when you take the stand.

Also all religions have played a part in law in some shape or form and that's why they call it Canon Law.

OKAY..........

I'm not a Bible Guy

What's the context behind the passage
Because you and I both believe that even racists are entitled to freedom of speech as thee way of standing up for what they believe in, we will not like what what we have to hear but my god says to love our enemies.

My response to your 'yes they should' post was in support of your post.

You are a special kind of stupid aren't you. If you aren't christian, then you can actually ask the courts to provide you with any religious material you wish. And if you are an atheist, you don't have to put your hand on any religious book when you take the stand.

Also all religions have played a part in law in some shape or form and that's why they call it Canon Law.
Ah shut up. Don't lead with calling people stupid. Do I call you stupid? no because that would be stupid lol.

Now chill out and have a coke and smile. My posts obviously stress you out while Im laughing at your responses to them.

And it's the bible, thats a no brainer.

Latest posts