• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Izzy Folau

Didn't Stephen Armitage try and get in the French team with it?
Yes, but then he found out he'd actually have to play for the 7s squad, not just be a name on the team sheet whilst watching from the stands.
Carl Fearns did too.

Has any one in club rugby offered him a deal yet or at least shown interest?

Has any one in club rugby offered him a deal yet or at least shown interest?
Don't think so, any player who shows disregard to social media policy, will sue you for enforcing it, likely toxic to the dressing room, sponsorship loss, brand degradation.....its one hell of a risk.

What are LGBT rights like in Japan? Asia is generally behind "the west" in that regard.
Its a mixed bag, it not a political hot topic and acceptance has been long been way way way ahead of the West (actually appears to western influence that's hampered it) but legal protections are far from equal but is some areas they do better.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_in_Japan

Its very different and you only have to look at LGBTQ+ character in anime, androgynous character design.

So Folau could find a home there as his opinions are unlikely to cause outrage but culturally suing your employer is likely to cause more a stir.

The teams are owned by corporations, aren't they?

While the culture may not mind I doubt Toyota/Coca Cola etc. would want to associate with him

What are LGBT rights like in Japan? Asia is generally behind "the west" in that regard.
I don't know, but I can tell you they ain't too flash in Tennessee, USA right now....

For those among us who believe that the right to express one's religious views should trump one's responsibility to follow one's employer's rules of employment, tell us all what your thoughts are about this one, and how what this Sheriff did is any different to what Folau did.

WARNING: The story and video contain offensive language.

https://www.wvlt.tv/content/news/DA-looking-into-East-Tennessee-pastors-sermon--511197261.html

there can be any repercussions for this one as at least he's kept his repulsive to a semi private forum

I just dont know why he has so much hate

I went to my local VFL club game yesterday, two old mates behind me we talking about how they hate seeing gay relationships on TV, one of them said "i dont care if i offend people, i'll just turn it off and make sure everyone knows why".....it gives me a headache trying to understand the selfishness of that statement, even forgetting how ignorant the opinion is to start with, to think his will should be imposed on everyone else regardless of their feelings

Last edited:
I just dont know why he has so much hate
i dont get his hate for non binary gender kids. they dont have a choice.
where does he get off disparaging kids that arent in the perfect mould that folau's been blessed and born into? not everyone can be as perfect as folau.
these kids have enough sht happening in their lives to deal with and folaus just pouring salt on those wounds and twisting the knife.
im questioning whether i want to be a christian anymore. i dont think i do. i'd rather suffer in hell then hang out with self centered biggots who have no compassion for anyone other than those that they deem worthy.
to me it sounds too much like hitlers aryan policy.
folau just wants the perfect people in his heaven
sorry i'll stick with the freaks geeks homos tranny's nonBinaryGenderKids atheists fornicators et al, all of the worlds rejects, because thats who the world is made off.

to quote my uncle (who im sure stole this from someone else)..."all my friends will be in hell so i might as well join them"

even if i was christian (technically christened but actually agnostic) i would rather condemn myself to eternal damnation than spend my life on earth making other people feel like ****, that (in my mind) is the sacrifice more "good Christians" should make

You have to ask yourself why he is so angry at LGBT people. Personally I think he is very insecure in his sexuality and gender.

I said it before on this tread that it would not come as a surprise if he came out as gay at some point in the future.

You have to ask yourself why he is so angry at LGBT people. Personally I think he is very insecure in his sexuality and gender.

I said it before on this tread that it would not come as a surprise if he came out as gay at some point in the future.
I really don't understand this thing about saying that homophobic people are secretly closeted. I'm sure some are, but it certainly isn't the rule. He's deeply religious and has been taught from a young age that homosexuality is a sin; his homophobia is nothing to do with his own sexuality.

On a slightly separate note, and this isn't directed at you Tallshort as you didn't say it in an insulting way, but people taking the **** out of Folau saying that he must be closeted is so painfully backwards as all it actually does is perpetuate the idea that 'gay' is an insult.

I'm more worried about his mental health, claiming to have talked to God, seemingly oblivious to the consequences of his actions, apparently obsession with the LGBTQI+ community

I'm more worried about his mental health, claiming to have talked to God, seemingly oblivious to the consequences of his actions, apparently obsession with the LGBTQI+ community
all righteous bigots claim to talk to god

all righteous bigots claim to talk to god
a lot claim God spoke to them through circumstance, " i saw this situation or opportunity and knew what God had planned for me"....actual words from God are next level...usually saved for Prophet's or mad men....

I really don't understand this thing about saying that homophobic people are secretly closeted. I'm sure some are, but it certainly isn't the rule. He's deeply religious and has been taught from a young age that homosexuality is a sin; his homophobia is nothing to do with his own sexuality.

On a slightly separate note, and this isn't directed at you Tallshort as you didn't say it in an insulting way, but people taking the **** out of Folau saying that he must be closeted is so painfully backwards as all it actually does is perpetuate the idea that 'gay' is an insult.

Just remember that many deeply religious men molest young boys all over the world for years and years, and they don't claim that they're gay...