• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Izzy Folau

I think you're over thinking it, I wish I hadn't posted, being uncontrolled makes it one step above anecdotal, so one step above the general conversation here that all
Haha yeah, Fair.

Last edited:
65393205_2336523153106521_6393679245301776384_n.jpg

Imagine spending your entire life with people telling you your very existence is abhorrent and an affront to humanity. Imagine people giving you evil stares and muttering under their breath for publiclly showing you love someone. Imagine being beaten, imprisoned or even killed for it.

But yeah let's worry about whether people should be allowed to fling abuse at them.

Imagine spending your entire life with people telling you your very existence is abhorrent and an affront to humanity. Imagine people giving you evil stares and muttering under their breath for publiclly showing you love someone. Imagine being beaten, imprisoned or even killed for it.

But yeah let's worry about whether people should be allowed to fling abuse at them.

I've never heard of a Wallaby player being imprisoned???

I don't know why anyone ever bothers responding to Bean, he's the most blatant troll on here by a distance.

Well as an atheist its not the threat of hell that bothers me. Like why would it, hell doesn't exist.
I object to the propagation of ridiculous, divisive ideals and fear mongering. Its small minded petty bigotry. He is supposed to be a role model. People actually buy that bullcrap.
Hell isn't the danger, its the divisiveness of religion and religious ideas. We don't need more imaginary ideals to divide us up and hinder progress.

Well as an atheist its not the threat of hell that bothers me. Like why would it, hell doesn't exist.
I object to the propagation of ridiculous, divisive ideals and fear mongering. Its small minded petty bigotry. He is supposed to be a role model. People actually buy that bullcrap.
Hell isn't the danger, its the divisiveness of religion and religious ideas. We don't need more imaginary ideals to divide us up and hinder progress.

agreed, its the implication that members of the LGBTQI+ community have done something wrong, something they need to repent for

I don't know if this has been said before but it doesn't matter if you believe in hell, the crucial is that Folau does.

He's telling us that gay people are going to burn for all eternity as a punishment for their 'sins'. What if someone said the same against black people/women/whoever? Why would that be okay?

I'd love to say that Western society has largely moved past the ridiculous idea that homosexuality is somehow wrong but it'd be a straight up lie. We've come a long way but there's still a long road to go.

I don't know if this has been said before but it doesn't matter if you believe in hell, the crucial is that Folau does.

He's telling us that gay people are going to burn for all eternity as a punishment for their 'sins'. What if someone said the same against black people/women/whoever? Why would that be okay?

I'd love to say that Western society has largely moved past the ridiculous idea that homosexuality is somehow wrong but it'd be a straight up lie. We've come a long way but there's still a long road to go.

This, it doesn't matter if the person being told it thinks it's a credible threat, the fact that Folau thinks it is is what is important as that shows what his intent is by saying it. It's like someone trying to insult a fat person by calling them fat names. If the fat person has thick skin (pun intended) and doesn't let it affect them, that doesn't change the fact the person firing off the insults is trying to hurt them. Failing in that goal doesn't change the fact they fully intended to do it.

Further to This, what if it were your parents condemnong you.

But also, imagine if you did believe in god and heaven and hell but were homosexual. These are the ones finding it the toughest.

We're going in circles now. I think we've covered this part about heaven/hell and sexual orientation/race etc.

Why do you choose to limit the voice of the LGTRBBQ+ people?

I most certainly don't. Go read through all 48 pages on this thread and see what I 've said in detail.

I think I'm the last person on this thread to have limited the voice of the LGBTQ+ community.

I most certainly don't. Go read through all 48 pages on this thread and see what I 've said in detail.

I think I'm the last person on this thread to have limited the voice of the LGBTQ+ community.
Dont react he's the forum troll

Latest posts