• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Izzy Folau

Yeah I think you're full of BS because if it were true in the numerous conversations you've had about this topic anyone else on this forum would of mentioned it by now.
Pretty sure I mentioned it last year as well if you want to do a search

But hey, if you've not seen it in your little bubble it's not real

Last edited:
Why should I have an issue with people holding up the bible as some moral book when it has some really immoral stuff in it you mean?
I'd actually be quite interested to see the percentage of Christians who have 1. Read it back to front 2. Actually take all of it at face value.

If they "cherry pick" certain parts of it and end up a good person that's better than being an asshole who happens to be atheist surely?

I'd actually be quite interested to see the percentage of Christians who have 1. Read it back to front 2. Actually take all of it at face value.

If they "cherry pick" certain parts of it and end up a good person that's better than being an asshole who happens to be atheist surely?
The problem is the that what you said is not the reality. Most Havent read the bible but many do take it at face value or, more precisely, just think what their religious leader tells them to think. They go to church or mosque or whatever and get told a certain interpretation and that's that. They don't need to read it.

As I said, the leader of the DUP thinks the earth is 6000 years old ffs. He's a political leader in a western country. We don't need to go into any detail about American fundamentalism as it's bat **** and, again, does not represent the reality you paint.

If the bible was accurately portrayed as a fictional book that was made up by man and people cheery picked then you might have a point t bit it isn't. People take it very seriously.

As I said, the leader of the DUP thinks the earth is 6000 years old ffs. He's a political leader in a western country. We don't need to go into any detail about American fundamentalism as it's bat **** and, again, does not represent the reality you paint.
That's a bit of a niche and extreme example. Working class loyalists are the least educated people in Europe. (Fact, not an insult)

That's a bit of a niche and extreme example. Working class loyalists are the least educated people in Europe. (Fact, not an insult)
True, but he's not alone and there's many countries across the world that have their own incredibly stupid, dangerous religious views. Whether they be political leaders or joe bloggs

America is the best western example but then they've always taken everything a step to far haven't they. Lol. I don't know what the deal in Norn Iron is with regards to teaching creationism in schools but I know there's schools in America that denounce evolution or teach creationism alongside evolution.

Religious schools need to be banned full stop in my humble opinion.

wow....might have been a mistake reawakening this thread

was really just pointing out Folau can be a dick about non religious things too, skipping out on a contact with one of the only clubs in the world to give him a second chance and then suing another organisation because they wont give him enough

Last edited:
The problem is the that what you said is not the reality. Most Havent read the bible but many do take it at face value or, more precisely, just think what their religious leader tells them to think. They go to church or mosque or whatever and get told a certain interpretation and that's that. They don't need to read it.

If the bible was accurately portrayed as a fictional book that was made up by man and people cheery picked then you might have a point t bit it isn't. People take it very seriously.
I don't think you have an idea of how offensive some of your posts have been in this thread. It's okay if you are without faith, or don't believe in God, or a god or higher power or whatever else.

But to be so slanderous to the entire christian faith, is just not acceptable. First of all, the Bible wasn't written by God, it was written by people, various people, who had an interpretation of their own faith at that time.

I think most christians nowadays are against slavery, homophobia and the stoning of people.

I would also argue that most christians don't just take it at face value or think just what their religious leader tells them, at least not here in SA. I go to church, I read the bible, I pray, I listen to the sermon, and then I discuss it with my family, and sometimes we don't agree with what was said and other times we do.

The Bible is not a fictional book, and I take strong exception to this.

I have no issue with you being an atheist or non-believer, but don't bash something that others believe in.

Should be,

At the very least he should be binned from the Wallabies asap. They've been making great strides setting up inclusivity initiatives etc.

CEO of Qantas is an openly gay man, as well, so that sponsorship will be in jeopardy.

No place for this sort of bigotry in this day and age.

And before the freedom of speech lot turn up - he's absolutely allowed to spout this bile, he's just not free of the consequences of his actions which will, hopefully, be the sporting community putting him in the bin.
Your last paragraph should be used everywhere to explain how we should be. It is perfect, we are allowed to have our own views on anything, but must suffer any consequences that brings. This applies to everyone.

I don't think you have an idea of how offensive some of your posts have been in this thread. It's okay if you are without faith, or don't believe in God, or a god or higher power or whatever else.

But to be so slanderous to the entire christian faith, is just not acceptable. First of all, the Bible wasn't written by God, it was written by people, various people, who had an interpretation of their own faith at that time.

I think most christians nowadays are against slavery, homophobia and the stoning of people.

I would also argue that most christians don't just take it at face value or think just what their religious leader tells them, at least not here in SA. I go to church, I read the bible, I pray, I listen to the sermon, and then I discuss it with my family, and sometimes we don't agree with what was said and other times we do.

I have no issue with you being an atheist or non-believer, but don't bash something that others believe in.
Hein I enjoy the forum but one thing that has been clear to me for a while, is that most of the users here are Non-Christians, and that it is open season to bash Christianity. And they know more about the bible and christianity than us! We do not need to discuss our faith, they will do it for us! ;)

I don't really care if you're offended or not. That's not my problem.

You say the bible wasn't written by god (a lot would disagree) and was written by various people who had an interpretation of their own faith at that time but then go onto say you take exception to me calling it a fictional book. Well, what you described kind of sounds like a fictional book. Sorry if that offends you.

Why can't I bash something others believe in? Whether you believe in fairytales is a choice and just as I'm sure people would take the **** if I went around saying there's magical fairies at the end of my garden who created the universe I reserve the right to take the mick and mock peoples belief in a immoral book written thousands of years ago.

It is the very reason that people believe the bible to be genuine that I reserve the right to criticise and mock it. If it was portrayed as a fictional book I wouldn't care as there wouldn't be so people who would live their lives by it.

So yeah, apologies if I offended you but I find the bibles views on women, homosexuals, slavery and child abuse pretty offensive too.

You say the bible wasn't written by god (a lot would disagree) and was written by various people who had an interpretation of their own faith at that time but then go onto say you take exception to me calling it a fictional book. Well, what you described kind of sounds like a fictional book. Sorry if that offends you.

Why can't I bash something others believe in? Whether you believe in fairytales is a choice and just as I'm sure people would take the **** if I went around saying there's magical fairies at the end of my garden who created the universe I reserve the right to take the mick and mock peoples belief in a immoral book written thousands of years ago.

It is the very reason that people believe the bible to be genuine that I reserve the right to criticise and mock it. If it was portrayed as a fictional book I wouldn't care as there wouldn't be so people who would live their lives by it.

So yeah, apologies if I offended you but I find the bibles views on women, homosexuals, slavery and child abuse pretty offensive too.
That's okay, I forgive you.

We don't have to agree on this, and it's also okay if you mock a faith, at least you are then talking about it.

Just don't expect me to mock your faith or lack thereof. My faith has helped me in my most darkest of times. And that's enough for me.

No religion is perfect. I can accept that.

Hein I enjoy the forum but one thing that has been clear to me for a while, is that most of the users here are Non-Christians, and that it is open season to bash Christianity. And they know more about the bible and christianity than us! We do not need to discuss our faith, they will do it for us! ;)
That's all fine and dandy. They can talk about christianity, just like any other topic.

Religion is a contentious topic, I know that, and this thread has already shown the division amongst people on Izzy Folau. I for one don't agree with what he said, and I have been vocal about it in this thread.

you're coming across like a bit of a dick, lets play the ball and not the man. the thread was about Folau, no need to have a go at other posters

That's okay, I forgive you.

We don't have to agree on this, and it's also okay if you mock a faith, at least you are then talking about it.

Just don't expect me to mock your faith or lack thereof. My faith has helped me in my most darkest of times. And that's enough for me.

No religion is perfect. I can accept that.

That's all fine and dandy. They can talk about christianity, just like any other topic.

Religion is a contentious topic, I know that, and this thread has already shown the division amongst people on Izzy Folau. I for one don't agree with what he said, and I have been vocal about it in this thread.

That's nice of you to forgive me. Hopefully your god will be as forgiving to all the gays and atheists instead of sending them to an eternity of pain and suffering in hell.

you're coming across like a bit of a dick, lets play the ball and not the man. the thread was about Folau, no need to have a go at other posters
That's exactly what I'm doing. I'm not saying anything personal. I'm attacking his beliefs not him himself. I feel quite passionately about sexual, racial and gender equality so if I will attack a belief system that says a good load of those people are going to hell. In fact I find the whole idea of hell absolutely disgusting and pretty shameful to be honest.

That's exactly what I'm doing. I'm not saying anything personal. I'm attacking his beliefs not him himself. I feel quite passionately about sexual, racial and gender equality so if I will attack a belief system that says a good load of those people are going to hell. In fact I find the whole idea of hell absolutely disgusting and pretty shameful to be honest.
Are we? Says who? According to your the bible men sleeping with other men is a sin but owning certain other people as property isn't a sin. Sounds legit.

Are we? Do you think men sleeping with other men is a sin? How about owning other people as property because the bible says one is ok and one isn't. Sounds legit.
I believe every person is born with sin. It's what you do with your life that defines you, and inevitably be judged on...

I'm also passionate about sexual, racial and gender equality. The mistake most people make, is to take everything in the Bible, literally. I'm also very much aware that I live in the 21st century, and that things that weren't "acceptable" in the times of the Bible, might be now, and vice versa.

Are we? Do you think men sleeping with other men is a sin? How about owning other people as property because the bible

I believe every person is born with sin. It's what you do with your life that defines you, and inevitably be judged on...

I'm also passionate about sexual, racial and gender equality. The mistake most people make, is to take everything in the Bible, literally. I'm also very much aware that I live in the 21st century, and that things that weren't "acceptable" in the times of the Bible, might be now, and vice versa.
Hein, thing is that people like this try to bait you to try to explain your self and your beliefs, and then use your answer to further the argument. Nothing good can come of it regarding your faith. People actively opposing the faith, will not be reached by men, but by God himself( like Paul). Just smile and wave........