• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Jake White Quits again

Hearing slight whispers that White may be going in as a DOR advisor in a short stint.

Ben Kay was talking about it last night someone as him if he heard whispers about it and he gave a unconvincing reply. (He is on the Tigers board so some people on twitter are starting to put 2 and 2 together)

Not sure how I would feel about it but could open some SA doors I know we wanted him in 09.

Well, he did what they appointed him to do. To give the young Sharks coaches some valuable tips, Get structures in place for the future. And then he got the Sharks to the Semi's of the Super Rugby... All in under a year... I think that's not bad at all.
I wouldn't be as kind. We have lost numerous players who will be difficult to replace, and he pushed us to play a game that was unnatural. We only got a few months out of him, considering he didn't even touch the CC team.

Otago is looking for a new coach...if he's looking for a challenge.....

Articles that I'm reading seem to suggest the players wanted him out and he clashed with seniors players. Doesn't surprise me as I know in the past he had a couple of heated exchanges with Victor Matfield and Fourie du Preez.

Apparently John Mitchell and Gary Gold are the frontrunners to replace him at the Sharks.

There are also rumours that Jake wanted his 18 year-old son to play for the Under-21 team, but his son didn't pass the test which is mandatory for kids younger than 21 in SA to play in more senior teams.

Apparently John Mitchell and Gary Gold are the frontrunners to replace him at the Sharks.

For the love god do not let John Mitchell coach anything at this level, keep him in the cupboard you have him locked in.

Articles that I'm reading seem to suggest the players wanted him out and he clashed with seniors players. Doesn't surprise me as I know in the past he had a couple of heated exchanges with Victor Matfield and Fourie du Preez.

Bumping an old topic here, but do you know why that is? Sounds interesting. Do senior players just get too set in their ways and stop thinking progressively? He wouldn't be the only coach to have those issues.

I remember Deans having heated issues with Matt Giteau from the start as well. And when McKenzie tried to punish Beale more recently, senior players told Beale to attend training days regardless. I do wonder whether a bit of a bro-network develops amongst the players. To some degree that closeness is good. But within the context of undermining and antagonizing coaches is just ridiculous. Yeah, crap may happen that you don't like. There isn't a human alive who enjoys change from a comfortable routine, but guess what, the comfortable routine wasn't working. [/rant]

Latest posts