TRF_Cymro

Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
_49986599_james_hook_huw.jpg

James Hook is expected to reveal at which club he will be joining next season at a press conference on Wednesday, January 26.

The British & Irish Lions star revealed in October 2010 he was going to leave the Ospreys at the end of this season.

Hook has been heavily linked with a move to France with Perpignan, Toulouse and Toulon all having been linked.

Hook's agent Derwyn Jones has organised the press conference in north Wales where he will confirm his future.

The Ospreys have attempted to prevent Hook from leaving the Liberty Stadium by putting a "lucrative offer" his way.

"We put an extremely lucrative offer into James. Unprecedented. These days if you want the best you have to pay top dollar," said Holley last year.

"And fair play to our board they would have significantly pushed the boat out for James."

Holley knows that his star players like 25-year-old Hook, who told the region on 2 November he would be leaving at the end of the 2010/2011 season, are going to attract attention from the big money clubs.

"All quality players are tagged and monitored. There are some big market forces out there now particularly out in France," he added.

"And James is at that stage where he wants to look after his family. He wants to pit himself in a different environment and we have to accept that."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/my_club/ospreys/9369366.stm

Would be an odd choice considering the financial troubles of Crusaders compared to the money he could get at an affluent Union side (so that counts Sale out :p )
Also he's said before he wants to play flyhalf, would be strange to then turn it around and say he wants to play a different sport
But then it's odd to have the press release thing in North Wales, when (I presume) he lives in the Swansea area, and I presume that it's alot easier to hold a press conference in Cardiff/Swansea than in Wrexham/Bangor/wherever

Would be an odd choice considering the financial troubles of Crusaders compared to the money he could get at an affluent Union side (so that counts Sale out :p )
Also he's said before he wants to play flyhalf, would be strange to then turn it around and say he wants to play a different sport
But then it's odd to have the press release thing in North Wales, when (I presume) he lives in the Swansea area, and I presume that it's alot easier to hold a press conference in Cardiff/Swansea than in Wrexham/Bangor/wherever

Unless he is signing for RGC 1404 :lol:

No I presume it may have something to do with Wales training up there next week possibly.

Unless he is signing for WRU North Wales Academy Senior XV :lol:

No I presume it may have something to do with Wales training up there next week possibly.

There we go fixed it for you :p RGC are no longer Rugbi gogledd Cymru and ahve been taken over by the WRU...

As for hook it'll likely be a french team doubt it'll be WRU NWASXV :p

Didn't Hook say he wasn't moving to France because his girlfriend didn't want to move house? Or something along those lines, anyhow

Didn't Hook say he wasn't moving to France because his girlfriend didn't want to move house? Or something along those lines, anyhow

Yeah, I've heard that too.
Bath is another name that has been thrown around, with Butch James leaving.

I'm still hoping that Cardiff Blues have lured him. Would be good if he stayed in Wales and the Blues despirately need a 10 like him. He'd fit in with their playing style and be guaranteed to play 10 week in week out. If France isn't an option, then I'm sure the Blues can offer close to the amount the English clubs can.

Would add fuel to the fire that Parks is off come end of the season!

Maybe that's why they've got rid of Martyn and Shanks, to afford Hook!

Maybe that's why they've got rid of Martyn and Shanks, to afford Hook!

All 'ifs and butts' at the mo, dreaming at the moment but the Blues could offer Hook to play 10, Parks moving back to Scotland or France as I have heard from my mate in the know down South. All a real possibility. But then again I expect the Blues to get some youngsters in now that the likes of Nugget and Shanks are leaving come end of the season.

Any clues as to why it in north wales (builth wells rfc i have been told, which is part of blues i too live in hope)

Are Wales training up north maybe? i know they are all in camp now so jetting off to France would prob not be allowed by Gat's and Co, but if he was off to Bath i am sure they would let him go for a little 2 hour drive down the road!! strange this one