• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

James Hook poised to reveal future club

indeed, you normally hear rumblings but nothing on this one wierd and i wonder why!!!

Sharky'll get 'em if they blab
tall_sharky.jpg

Isn't he setting o to France, read an article about this in the latest issue of Rugby World.

Isn't he setting o to France, read an article about this in the latest issue of Rugby World.

Stories surfing that his family don't want him to go to France and would rather a move within the UK for him!

Press conference started 5 minutes ago at Portmeirion, so it should be released soon where he's off to

Western Mail/Wales Online saying that "sources close" to him said he's off to Perpignan for a 2year contract (with an option for a third) worth £1m

Wow, so he's going to a club that has more competition for the 10 spot than most ... clever Hook ...

Manny Edmonds, Gavin Hume and Nicolas Laharrague ... where is the sense?

Manny came out of retirement because of injury to the other two,
Apparently he's been offered the 10 jersey there,
The amount of cash they've (apparently) thrown at Hook I imagine they'll release one of the others
Though Hume is more of a centre than FH anyhow, and they may keep him on for when Hook is off with Wales (presuming he'll still be picked)

IF Hook is off with Wales. Gatland is a C&%£ remember...

Any clues as to why it in north wales (builth wells rfc i have been told, which is part of blues i too live in hope)

Are Wales training up north maybe? i know they are all in camp now so jetting off to France would prob not be allowed by Gat's and Co, but if he was off to Bath i am sure they would let him go for a little 2 hour drive down the road!! strange this one

Well you were told wrongly!

IF Hook is off with Wales. Gatland is a C&%£ remember...

Gatland didn't make the Wales-based player rule, I am fully convinced it was the WRU, as evidenced by the lack of thought involved. I think Gats would rather see Welsh players succeeding abroad than be influenced in Wales by Scott Johnson...

Up next, Lee Byrne and Mike Phillips.

The 'rule' regarding players not based in Wales has never been clear cut. Gatland has stated on numerous occasions that he will simply choose the Welsh based player if the decision is a 50/50 one. This makes complete sense, as the likelyhood is that the non Welsh based player will miss a certain amount of training sessions and AI games. It's also harder for the Welsh management to keep a close eye on them by going to the matches.

Hook will surely have made sure that his contract is iron clad in regard to all future Welsh games and training sessions. I'm sure he will continue to be involved with Wales during his time with Perpignan.

I'm excited to see how he grows as a player out there. I'm fully expecting him to return a much better player in the same way Stephen Jones did. Good luck James, someone of your talent deserves to play in the position you feel at home in, i.e. 10. Ospreys to see what they have let slip through their fingers!

The 'rule' regarding players not based in Wales has never been clear cut. Gatland has stated on numerous occasions that he will simply choose the Welsh based player if the decision is a 50/50 one. This makes complete sense, as the likelyhood is that the non Welsh based player will miss a certain amount of training sessions and AI games. It's also harder for the Welsh management to keep a close eye on them by going to the matches.

Hook will surely have made sure that his contract is iron clad in regard to all future Welsh games and training sessions. I'm sure he will continue to be involved with Wales during his time with Perpignan.

I'm excited to see how he grows as a player out there. I'm fully expecting him to return a much better player in the same way Stephen Jones did. Good luck James, someone of your talent deserves to play in the position you feel at home in, i.e. 10. Ospreys to see what they have let slip through their fingers!

Dunno Dul about hook's future with Wales regarding stuff like AI's ...

In his Perpignan contract, Hook is guaranteed to be released to Wales for all pre-World Cup training and matches.

But he has no clause in his contract which guarantees release for training or playing outside of the International Rugby Board window.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/my_club/ospreys/9373445.stm

Ah fair enough. Not a big problem, as it should offer a chance to someone else. By then, I'd expect the likes of Priestland, Tovey and possibly even a further youngster like Mathew Morgan to be involved with the squad and pushing for games. I won't discount Biggar aswell.

well after months of speculation, the inevitable has finally happened. Yet another to leave the O's. From a national POV I can only see this as positive, so in that sense i'm glad he's leaving for France. Did not harm to Stephen jones, or Alfie for that fact. Will be very interesting to see him develop in the coming years, never know may even have an immediate effect, better weather of there innit :p Good luck to him, shame that another one of our boys must leave wales tho.

Latest posts