• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Japan post-match orgy thread

Could someone please direct me to where I can watch the 2nd half? I was fortunate to watch the 1st just now but they took the 2nd half down.

Celebrations in Japan

waldo-group-guiness-1024x673.jpg

Where's Wally!!?

Nevermind, I posted in a fit of excitement without actually bothering to look myself. A quick Google search yielded results. For anyone who wants to replay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4J6TVWzIfaw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO9O91ELiZE

Its 3am and I am really drunk but I really really want to watch it NOW... Though I think will thank myself in the morning after Ive slept, not having seen it yet and being able to appreciate it much more

Can any Saffer fan please tell us what this feels like

Grrrr....2nd half not available in my country however, I was able to watch the 1st half.

http://www.aaatos.net/rankings.py apparently this is a calculator for the rankings points exchange. Counts double at world cups right ? That should drop S.A down to around 81 points and push Japan up to 76! (Calculator doesn't account for doubling at world cups )

Last edited:
http://www.worldrugby.org/rankings/explanation

Points exchanges are doubled during the World Cup Finals to recognise the unique importance of this event, but all other full international matches are treated the same, to be as fair as possible to countries playing a different mix of friendly and competitive matches across the world.

That should push S.A down to 7th and Japan will leapfrog Scotland in to 10th.

Oh and England up to third. Ha

Last edited:
Could this be the greatest thing to ever happen in rugby?
It'll enhance the belief and mentality of all tier 2 teams. Also it'll help grow the game (I know Japan has big numbers) and make the days of big teams beating small teams a formality be a thing of the past.

I'm think I'm still shaking with excitement (or the hangover).

Watched the final ten on a phone with half of my team on the train back from an say game. Pretty sure the rest of the carriage thought someone had been killed after the noise we all made when they scored.

On a stag in Oxford. We went absolutely totally ape**** when they scored that winning try, I'm just going to say that again because I enjoyed it so much, when Japan scored the winning try against South Africa, jumping, hugging, kissing each other and total strangers, honestly it was as intense a moment of celebration as the dropgoal in 2003.

I ran straight to the bar and demanded the rest of the bottle of Japanese whisky they had, split it between ten of us. The only Saffa on the stag didn't join us, he was having a bit of alone time somewhere.

Holy crap.

Can someone please tell me again what happened? I just like hearing it.

More like hung over after a wedding.

I just hope this forces Meyer to stop with the sentimental selections. To a large degree that isn't possible at this stage though.
I was more referring to myself eating some humble pie, you were probably the least arrogant of us Saffers before the game haha .

It might be the booze but I just watched it and it brought a tear to my eye. Japan to beat Australia in the QFs by 10, NZ by 3 in the Semis and lose to Ireland by 1 in the final. Cant wait.

Joking aside though, what will it take for Japan to officially be classed as a Tier 1 nation? Inclusion in the RC? Victories over Scotland and Samoa followed by winning the Pacific Cup? Im really excited for Japan, they feel like a really natural inclusion into the bigger games and world of rugby union

It might be the booze but I just watched it and it brought a tear to my eye. Japan to beat Australia in the QFs by 10, NZ by 3 in the Semis and lose to Ireland by 1 in the final. Cant wait.

Joking aside though, what will it take for Japan to officially be classed as a Tier 1 nation? Inclusion in the RC? Victories over Scotland and Samoa followed by winning the Pacific Cup? Im really excited for Japan, they feel like a really natural inclusion into the bigger games and world of rugby union

They could realistically be considered a tier 1 team within the next world cup cycle if they carry on improving. A large chunk of the tier system is funding though.

Still can't believe I considered going to France-Italy instead of this one.

Paid twice the face value for my ticket (bad I know) but don't slightly regret it. Bought a Japan hat before the game and wore it proudly the whole way home in a carriage of bokke.

Latest posts