• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Japan post-match orgy thread

TBH it's actually the best time to do it in terms of saying the reasons. When people are willing to listen to what he has to say. Hopefully it'll give those organising Japanese Rugby the swift kick they deserve.

Yeah, best to raise the issues facing growth of the sport in Japan right when people will actually listen and hopefully care. I'd trust Jones' judgement on this; he has been around different pro rugby setups long enought to know when a system requires some adjustment.

I disagree, the spotlight is on Japan at this time, Eddie is maximising the spotlight to bring it to bear on the numpties who are holding back Japan's rugby growth.
He's been hitting brick walls and I think he's done the right thing by saying what needs to be said after he has shown the entire Japanese population what the teams are capable of and that the calibre of players is good enough to get in on the Super 16 action. They should have backed him and he's pointing the finger. Good on him.
It may well be this brings out the do or die Samurai spirit from his players.

Well done you!! I had an amazing couple of hours watching an incredible piece of theatre but to watch it again.........life is too short!!!

Anyway back to the orgy ................................

Ha, those were my thoughts exactly ... if this is an orgy, Tigs has just walked in and started talking loudly about the dangers of STDs!

Joking aside, really sad to hear and I hope he's wrong. But the right time to raise the issue, because I guarantee those comments wouldn't be reported in the Independent if Japan hadn't just beaten the Springboks.

Wtf, way to put a downer on things Eddie.. Could this not have waited?

I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the "ambition" side of things that the article mentions, but I've listened to press conferences and interviews with Eddie and he does get very frustrated by how negative they are on their own team. The Japanese are wonderful, intelligent, respectful people but they are also locked in a shame culture that focuses on what they haven't achieved like they're some kind of disgrace. Very disappointing because if it had the right promotion, media attention and administration then they could become consistently good. I think some of the attitudes over there are really irking the bloke and have for a long time. If he was a young man maybe he could stay and delve into it. But not at his age.

Latest posts