• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Japan RWC 2019

Just had my Japan Rail Pass delivered today
View attachment 7219

That's the voucher not your actual JR pass. You have exchange it when you get to get through Japan customs at the airport you touch down; go to the JR office to get your actual ticket because they need to see your passport stamped that you are a foreign visitor. Then you pick your date from when it starts from. There's a long queue outside the office or you could wait and just exchange at any JR office at a JR train station.

It is fantastic though and make sure you also use it on the JR metro lines instead of your IC card as it'll save you a tonne of money.

Last edited:
Had email saying ticket packs will be sent out from 31st

Dear Customer,

We look forward to welcoming you to Rugby World Cup 2019.

Dispatch of RWC 2019 bundle (team pack/stadium pack) tickets will begin from 31 July. Tickets will be delivered to the postal address that was registered on your official ticketing site account as of late May, 2019. A signature is required on delivery of your tickets.

Please note that;
- If your registered postal address is in Japan, your tickets will be sent from 'PIA Corporation' via Japan Post. An email with your tracking number will be sent to you from Ticket Centre once the tickets are dispatched.

- If your registered postal address is in a country other than Japan, your tickets will be sent from 'PIA Corporation c/o RWC2019 Organising Committee' via DHL. An 'On Demand Delivery' email will be sent to you from DHL once the tickets are dispatched.

- If you have purchased Premium Seat, your tickets will be sent to you by the RWC2019 Official Hospitality provider, STH Japan. If you have not done so already, please ensure that you have informed STH Japan directly regarding your delivery address for the smooth delivery of your tickets. Please note that all Official Hospitality tickets will be hard copies and you should direct any enquiries related to dispatch to [email protected].

- In the event that tickets cannot be delivered within the holding period designated by Japan Post or DHL will be returned to the Rugby World Cup 2019 Organising Committee Ticket Centre in Japan. Should your tickets need to be posted again, you will be required to bear the additional shipping costs.

For further details on ticket delivery, please refer to our FAQ page on the RWC 2019 official ticketing site (tickets.rugbyworldcup.com).

For inquiries, please contact:
Rugby World Cup 2019 Ticketing Customer Service Centre
E-mail: [email protected]
Phone: 0570-09-2019 (from Japan) / +81 50 3786-6615(int'l)
Business hours: 10:00-18:00 (JST)

Best regards,
Rugby World Cup 2019 Ticketing Customer Service Team
[email protected]

*This email is sent using a send-only email address; please do not reply to this email address.

I went to Tokyo five years ago. I've done lots of traveling in my life and found the Japanese people to be very kind and helpful. I wish those going to RWC a great time!

250px-2019_Rugby_World_Cup_%28logo%29.svg.png

Last edited:
In the RWC2019, many track & field stadiums are venues. So, the length of field will be minimum 112m (100m field of play, 6m ingoals), although not confirmed.
If the length of field of play shortened from 100m to 94m (94m plus 9m ingoals=
112m), what change for games could happen?

In the RWC2019, many track & field stadiums are venues. So, the length of field will be minimum 112m (100m field of play, 6m ingoals), although not confirmed.
If the length of field of play shortened from 100m to 94m (94m plus 9m ingoals=
112m), what change for games could happen?

none whatsoever

So who is lucky enough to be going to the RWC and wants some recommendations for food when they are out there?

So who is lucky enough to be going to the RWC and wants some recommendations for food when they are out there?

Any good sushi places in Tokyo or Osaka would be appreciated! Would like the authentic experience but also somewhere that doesn't appear too daunting for a first time western traveller.

Would imagine most places in Japan are westernising their stuff more for the RWC and then the Olympics a year after so that shouldn't be a worry in places like Tokyo and Osaka.

Any good sushi places in Tokyo or Osaka would be appreciated! Would like the authentic experience but also somewhere that doesn't appear too daunting for a first time western traveller.

In all honesty, you can't go wrong with a lot of sushi places in Tokyo or Osaka. They are very welcoming and the menus will be in English. Head down to Tsukiji market in Tokyo (the old place is still there, but the fish market moved last year) and lots of good sushi places there including this one one of my favourite food bloggers on youtube Mikey Chen (yes he looks like Jackie Chan). Osaka is more famous for its Octopus batter balls.

The best one I really enjoyed in Tokyo was in Shibuya on my first night there. but it's a bugger to find as it's at the back of a shopping mall near the Hajiko dog statue.

https://goo.gl/maps/CgPre3AGfGicY5Jp7

For me, the big wow meal was Ramen and just can't find the same here in the UK. Forget your instant ramen. The real thing is in Japan and it's like a religion out there. Try Ichiran, which has various places in Tokyo and Osaka. Again Mikey Chen inspired me to go. You get your own private booth:

And also go to Tokyo Ramen Street in Tokyo station. And take your pick. choose the one with the biggest queue of Japanese people. You can't go wrong.

And don't forget shopping malls at train stations to pick up great, fresh sushi and very cost-effective. A lot of the locals do. 7/11, Lawson's hypermarkets to pick up some cheap food if your budget is running low. I see Japan's exchange rate v UK sterling has plummetted to 129 yen to £1. When I was out there in March I was getting between 140-145 yen.

Last edited:
So do I. Easily my top 3. But it is so much better out there and if you haven't been you gotta book a trip; you won't regret it:).
Hoping to go early next year - my theory is that flights/accommodation costs will dip quite a bit in between RWC and the Olympics.
Been wanting to go for as long as I can remember just never been in a position, financially, until now.

Simple phrases go a long way in Japan. Here's the proper way to say thank you and when:

As long as they don't wheel out Paloma Faith to butcher the World in Union song again, I will be happy.

Latest posts