• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Japan RWC 2019

Hi David,

I've managed to get 4 x catD tickets for England v Tonga but I'm looking to swap them for 4 x England v USA tickets because I won't be in the country for the Tonga game. Do you know anyone who will be willing to do a swap?

Sorry mate I don't but I'll keep an ear out and let you know. Please let me know if you hear of any QF2 tickets going too!

Must gets before you get out to Japan as a foreign visitor:

Get a JR Pass if you're here for two weeks and going to a few cities out here. Bullet train is superb. Also gets you round JR lines on the subway (included in the JR pass). Rest use a Suica or PASMO card. Like the Oyster card but can use it in 7-11 shops to buy food.

Get a pocket wireless wifi. I got Japan wireless one and cost me about £66 for two weeks and unlimited data. Need it for google maps to get around.

People are so nice here and food is just top notch. Going to be a great RWC.

Spent 5 days in Tokyo, 3 days in Osaka; tomorrow off to Kyoto for 4 days then back to Tokyo for 2 days before flying home. Been a breath of fresh air not hearing about Brexit.

Last edited:
Loving the Vending machines, which serve hot drinks and ice cream.

Kyoto is turning into one of my favourite cities in the world.

Out of interest, hows everyone going with their planning?
Any tips to share?

Out of interest, hows everyone going with their planning?
Any tips to share?

Not going to RWC this September, but here right now in Kyoto. See above regarding JR pass and pocket wifi.

And take lots of cash. Suprisingly for such an advanced society (toilets are first rate; you'll know what I mean if you've been before and when you go) they are still very reliant on cash.

Or get a Halifax Clarity credit card and withdraw cash from ATMs at 7-11 (they are all over the places i've Been to Tokyo, Osaka and Kyoto) to get the best thing exhange rate. Just remember to have cash ready in your current account and pay it off ASAP to mitigate interest charges. I exchanged mine when I was back in the UK and regret it as only got like 142/143yen to the pound. Checked MasterCard rates yesterday and it's jumped to 149 despite all this Brexit mess going on. Will likely be higher in September.

Defo take a trip to Kyoto if you get a chance, when not going to the games. Arashiyama and the Golden Pavilion are a must to visit and are stunning.

fullsizeoutput_54f.jpeg

The only advert of this year's RWC I came across in Tokyo.

All booked up for my 3 week tour of Japan. Just need my last couple of match tickets now. These photos and pieces of information, along with a Welsh grand slam, are really getting me excited now ;)

RWC Quarter Final Ticket Swap - Oita for Toyko

My group of mates has 4x tickets for the two quarters in Oita. This will likely involve England/France/Argentina/Australia/Wales. We would like to swap with anyone who has tickets to the two quarters in Tokyo, as we are All Blacks fans. Would welcome a clean and clear swap. I am based in Auckland, New Zealand, so logistics will need to be sorted.

RWC Quarter Final Ticket Swap - Oita for Toyko

My group of mates has 4x tickets for the two quarters in Oita. This will likely involve England/France/Argentina/Australia/Wales. We would like to swap with anyone who has tickets to the two quarters in Tokyo, as we are All Blacks fans. Would welcome a clean and clear swap. I am based in Auckland, New Zealand, so logistics will need to be sorted.

I too have quarter final tickets to swap. We have have 2x spare Winner Group A QF tickets and looking to clean swap for Runner Up Group A tickets (the ones you are also after).

Will keep an ear out for anyone looking for Oita tickets to swap with.

If you could let us know if you hear of anyone willing to swap for our case that would be much appreciated too.

The beer was ok in Japan. Of course Asahi is well known globally and freely available. I did like the Suntory Premium Malts i had in Osaka. I found that very drinkable along with Yakitori or seafood on skewers.

The beer was ok in Japan. Of course Asahi is well known globally and freely available. I did like the Suntory Premium Malts i had in Osaka. I found that very drinkable along with Yakitori or seafood on skewers.

I spent some time in Tokyo and tried several Japanese beers and Sapporo was my favorite. I really enjoyed it. Did you try that brand while you were there?

I spent some time in Tokyo and tried several Japanese beers and Sapporo was my favorite. I really enjoyed it. Did you try that brand while you were there?

No, can't say I did. Mainly went for the food. I like my ales and found mainly lagers out there.

Latest posts