• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Japan RWC 2019

Planning a flying visit of 2 nights for the final myself as doubt SWMBO will appreciate me being away again for any length of time.

Managed to bag an Avios flight so only lose £70 if I cancel it.

Now just need to get a ticket, then decide after the semis if I'm going or not

Hoping to get the last 2 tickets I need on Tuesday at 20:19 JST
England v USA and Argentina v Tonga

So we can buy tickets as of 20:19 JST today on a First-Come-First-Served basis.

Sales Period: From 20:19 (JST) on Tuesday, 15 January 2019 though to 23:59 (JST) on Thursday, 17 January 2019.

But the site is closed for essential maintenance between 01:00 and 05:30 (JST) on Wednesday 16 January 2019. That's 4 hours 51 minutes after it opens! The site reopens again after 4 1/2 hours. WTF!
upload_2019-1-15_9-15-16.png

Anyone had any luck on the tickets today?
If anyone wants to be sure of nailing the best time in Japan during the RWC, take a look at InsideJapan and the JapanRugbyTravel.com website. I have an interest in that I have worked for them for years, but we know our stuff. Not cheap but certainly cheaper than the official folk and we have been working with Japan for 19yrs and we have all lived there....just saying. Let me know if you want any advice, but we can tailor to suit budgets and time frames.
Be sure to stay in a rykoan for a night or two during your stay. Take an onsen bath. Head into the mountains and away from Tokyo and Kyoto etc between matches. Japan is not as expensive as you probably think when you are there either.
Only another 15149 in the queue!

We British are used to queuing. Only 24507 in front of me and 68 minutes before essential maintenance
upload_2019-1-15_14-52-12.png

I think you just get kicked off when maintenance begins....but I have heard that your place is kept and you pick it up again first thing in the morning....although one of my more pessimistic colleagues says you have to start again. I am hoping for the latter.

England v Argentina & England v France. Wouldnt mind seeing a few more - perhaps catch the AB's. Would love to see Japan too.

Any luck David? Rooting for ya. Only 4500 for me now....and just as maintenance kicks in.

Latest posts