• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Jean de Villiers's amazing recovery could see him back for july

Having suffered an identical injury myself whilst playing rugby (and yes, that includes torn ACL, PCL, Lateral ligaments and a partially torn medial ligaments), seeing this happen not only brought back some painful memories but disappointment that this would be how De Villier's career may end.

Hopefully he makes it to the world cup! Never nice to see a true gentleman of the sport bow out in that fashion! I just wonder how it will ultimately impact him mentally and physically...

Having suffered an identical injury myself whilst playing rugby (and yes, that includes torn ACL, PCL, Lateral ligaments and a partially torn medial ligaments), seeing this happen not only brought back some painful memories but disappointment that this would be how De Villier's career may end.

Hopefully he makes it to the world cup! Never nice to see a true gentleman of the sport bow out in that fashion! I just wonder how it will ultimately impact him mentally and physically...

Had wondered this and discussed this with others. Great to hear he's coming along nicely of course, I love the guy, nothing but respect for him. But it can be very risky and even senseless to rush too much with it.

Did JDV have that surgery? Not as far as I'm aware.

He also did a little more than simply rupture 1 ligament, he ****ed up basically every component of his knee.

Had wondered this and discussed this with others. Great to hear he's coming along nicely of course, I love the guy, nothing but respect for him. But it can be very risky and even senseless to rush too much with it.

So long as he doesn't come back and re-injure himself. To me that would be an even worse end to his career! The difficulty with knee reconstructions is the impact it has on the rest of the leg. hamstrings, calf muscles, reduced mobility, lack of flexibility... it all takes its toll!

- - - Updated - - -

Yep:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/ru...llowing-reconstructive-surgery-left-knee.html

Maybe so, my point was more that there are massive break through's in injury repair happening all the time.

That said, an ACL + PCL rupture is easily a 9-12month recovery time, and that's not taking into consideration the other implications it may have on the muscle around the leg!

That said, here's hoping he gets back!

Latest posts