• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

JLR still the best

F

funksoulbrother

I’m sorry to say it but despite all the EA Sports gloss JLR is much more fun to play.

You actually have control of the players and waht they do and it’s so much slicker and fun

EA is just loads of animations waiting to happen - it’s far too slow.

I'm saying this based on 2 player.

I have to disagree there!

Me & my bro have been playing rugby 2005 with the rule of not diving for a tackle, you got to run into the player. Its really fun with this rule & its suprising how enjoyable the game is without diving for a tackle!

I haven't even considered to go back to JLR!

Originally posted by gjohn85@Mar 23 2005, 04:34 PM
Me & my bro have been playing rugby 2005 with the rule of not diving for a tackle, you got to run into the player.

The fact you have to use this rule just helps make my point.

Originally posted by funksoulbrother@Mar 24 2005, 03:24 AM
I’m sorry to say it but despite all the EA Sports gloss JLR is much more fun to play.

You actually have control of the players and waht they do and it’s so much slicker and fun

"Back in my day"...............

I've never played JLR beacuse I'm in the US, but it sounds like a good game. Isn't it for PlayStation? Still, R2005 is the best in the west! (right? I could be wrong....or are we east?)

JLR is bullsh*t, you spread it one way, take the tackle, spread it the other way to the winger and run around the last man for a try. In R2005, you can't just keep passing from one sideline to another, as you get isolated, and turned over which is in line with the realism aspect of the game. And i find realism more fun than arcade stye rugby. Yes, there is a gap between second-five and centre, but its a harder gap to exploit (esp. on hard) than the huge gap left on JLR up the sideline. And this makes it more fun. Also the depth of R2005 far exceeds the few international outdated sides JLR has to offer. But i suppose everyone has their own opinion.

Jonahs got the basics right and thats what made it so good, but for me it s just too ugly and repetitive now, if only ea could make a game with the lifespan of JLR!!

i like it from what i've played. in my honest opinion this is just the game i was expecting, its a vast improvment from 2004 and its easily better than WCR. from the looks of things its been based more on the game engine they use for madden games which is amazing if you've ever played one. i agree the dive tackling is possibley a bit to nuch, i would have prefered to see an option like in madden 2005 of a hitstick. you flick the analogue stick in a certain direction and the player tries to perform a bit hit, which is more likely to force fumbles and turnovers, however you are more likely to miss these tackles so you have to chance taking them. if this was intergrated along with a button for weeker but more reliable tackles i feel this would be a step forward. what you lot think?

Originally posted by funksoulbrother@Mar 24 2005, 03:24 AM

I might be wrong on this (having not played JLR) but it seems to me the game has been moved into a place well beyond anything reality can touch for many people.

All games have their warts (and a post in this thread identifies some of JLR's - something I was beginning to think the game lacked given the constant posts here in support of the game).

As for R2005. I found easy level too easy. Medium a good training ground and hard way too hard at first but I adapted. R2005 for me needs to look a lot less like a syncronised swim meet and more natural (GameSpot called said it look a little to much a like a school of fish moving together).

I got a big rush playing R2005 on hard when the AI soccer kicked the play a few times then dropped on it to score a try on me. I was totally unprepared for that.

Rock On People.

JLR sucks crap........arcade game!

rugby 2005 is way better in loads of ways:

can JLR do setplays from rucks?

can JLR realistic steps and bump offs?

can JLR have knock ons?

all no

and i can go on and on!

Originally posted by bluesfan@Mar 24 2005, 11:30 AM
JLR is bullsh*t, you spread it one way, take the tackle, spread it the other way to the winger and run around the last man for a try. In R2005, you can't just keep passing from one sideline to another, as you get isolated, and turned over which is in line with the realism aspect of the game. And i find realism more fun than arcade stye rugby. Yes, there is a gap between second-five and centre, but its a harder gap to exploit (esp. on hard) than the huge gap left on JLR up the sideline. And this makes it more fun. Also the depth of R2005 far exceeds the few international outdated sides JLR has to offer. But i suppose everyone has their own opinion.
Your kidding. I could play a forward game in JLR. Offloads, Mauling, Pick n go and you could do it all the way to the tryline with the Player being in control of the rucks. Not automated ones thats based on luck.

Originally posted by kinkon89@Mar 24 2005, 04:42 PM

can JLR have knock ons?

all no

and i can go on and on!
what you just said was a great argument FOR JLR. it is an arcade style game, which is why there arent these elements. it is not a simulation of real rugby. the step and the hand off were the most funt thing about the game - getting big john lomu and pounding your way through 15 men was great fun

I played Rugby 2005 last night on 2 player and had a really fun game. but back on 1 player it can be so frustrating, especially the amount of times players drop passes.

Considering JLR is so old, how hard can it be for EA to get the basics rignt like offloads etc?

The thing I really dont like is that you dont really have control over lots of the game, like linouts, rucks, waiting for passes to take place etc

Originally posted by daveyboy164+Mar 24 2005, 11:03 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (daveyboy164 @ Mar 24 2005, 11:03 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-kinkon89
@Mar 24 2005, 04:42 PM

can JLR have knock ons?

all no

and i can go on and on!
what you just said was a great argument FOR JLR. it is an arcade style game, which is why there arent these elements. it is not a simulation of real rugby. the step and the hand off were the most funt thing about the game - getting big john lomu and pounding your way through 15 men was great fun [/b]
watching big pixels with no faces going at it!
<

aye umo my pic in msn looks better than JLR graphics...lol

Latest posts