Joe Bearman out of Autumn Intenrationals

Discussion in 'International Test Matches' started by DuncTheDoodle, Oct 21, 2009.

1. http://www.walesonline.co.uk/rugbynation/r...91466-24984384/

The Dragons No 8 was born in England, but qualified for Wales, and was aiming to play for Cymru this autumn, until now. I feewl this is the second-biggest blow to Adam Jones Wales have recived. There are other quality Fullbacks and Scrum Halves, but Ryan Jones is the only 8-Man the quality of Bearman.

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. Olyy

Olyy Guest

Big blow for wales, from the limited amount i've watched of him playing, he's a good 8.
    Also, he has an awesome surname

4. <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Olyy @ Oct 21 2009, 04:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
    Agreed. He's practically the face of Brains already.

5. dullonien

dullonien Guest

It's certainly a blow. However there are other blinside flankers and no. 8's available. The blindside for one is hotly contested with Dafydd Jones, Jonathan Thomas and Dan Lydiate all vying for the spot. At 8, there's of course Ryan Jones, but Gareth Devle is a very capable stand-in, and Andy Powell is still a great ball carryer.

I was however really looking forward to see him play at international level. He's a hard working player, that's been in great form since arriving in Wales over three years ago.

Btw, the BBC are still saying he 'might' be out. Although, I'll take that as a good probablilty.

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!